Bring your A-game! Because this is the most brutally challenging but rewarding FM17 scenario on the planet!
- 3 weeks work, includes custom graphics, 30,000+ Database changes, 659 Awards, 4 Cups
- High quality, very well balanced (hundreds of hours of simulations)
- Very challenging due to the strength of the competition in each league.
- Extremely active Transfer Market, multiple clubs paying +110 million (£) for top skills.
- Transfers of +110 million (£) should start happening from 2019! In 2027 I saw 2x +100M transfers, to PSG and Ajax.
- Talent from South America is easier to acquire, but still count as `foreign`
- Bayern, Barca, Juve, R/A Madrid, Arsenal, Man U/C, Milan etc. are all in the new Premier League.
- All 17 groups (in 10 levels) have 24 clubs (17 groups x 24 clubs = 408); with fast promotion from 4 spots in most divisions.
- Rebalanced all Leagues reputations, Clubs and Nations Youth Ratings, Facilities; Players Wages, Transfers Values etc.
- All clubs are still `based` in their own native country!
- Includes the standard Transfer windows, 25 player squads, `3 from 7` subs etc.
- All 96 clubs in the top 4 divisions enter a new super Champions League!
- All European nations/leagues are still playable; I moved the remaining clubs up and I filled all the empty spots in each league. Norway was particularly painful!
- UEFA and FIFA competitions remain the same! Except UEFA Champions League reputation and difficulty is reduced, the ESL Champions League is much harder!
Goals of the ESL
- Must be fast to process. Smaller than other Super League scenarios to keep it fast!
- Include only clubs from Europe, leave all other leagues playable as they were.
- Re-fill all the empty spots in each European league we take clubs from, so they are still playable.
- Rebalance the other European leagues.
- My league reputation/strength value calculation was taken by getting the average reputation of the clubs in the league and divide by 40~42 to get a new league reputation value. eg. If a league has an average club reputation of 5000 in it, 5000 / 40 = 125 reputation for the league Normally I divide by 40 for the top league, and divide by 42 for the lower leagues.
- Keep the number of clubs as low as possible, but include every major club in Europe (248 clubs from Europe + 160 clubs from England).
- Include as many clubs with 6000+ reputation as I can possibly fit in the structure.
- Must be fast to climb the ranks from the bottom to the top; so include 4 promotion/relegation slots in each division where possible.
- Must include ALL English clubs of the official FM release. Tier 1 to 6 (up to Vanarama National North/South, 160 clubs from England)
- Include some semi-pro clubs from the other major European nations. So you can take a semi-pro club based in Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, etc. to the top of the league.
- Include some historic (but still active) clubs, such as Sheffield, the oldest club in the world as a playable club. (Sheffield is in Division 6.A)
- All clubs are `based` in their original nation, so the players and youth are generated from their home nation.
- Make the leagues extremely challenging! The average number of days between matches for a Premier League club is 4 days, but the system will check for clashes! So Good Luck! But I've seen multiple clubs win the double and treble, so it's possible!
- Keep all continental (UEFA) and international (FIFA) competitions as they are!
- UEFA Champions League is replaced (in spirit) by ESL Champions League; which is more difficult and has all 96 clubs from the top 4 leagues playing, so it contains all BPL clubs! UEFA Champions League is still in the game and playable but the difficulty is reduced because the top clubs are all in one league now, and the reputation of the UEFA CL is reduced to 140.
- Keep the `width` of the leagues very small, so don't create 4~8 divisions in one level, because it slows things down and a lot of unnecessary processing.
- Most `Divisions` only have 2 groups, eg. 1.A and 1.B, 2.A and 2.B except Division 6 because it has all the Vanarama National North & South clubs (44 clubs + other semi-pro clubs from Europe, so it has 3 groups, 72 clubs total)!
ESL StructureAll divisions/groups have 24 clubs; including the Premier League!
Premier League: 200 reputation, 4x relegation
Championship: 185 reputation, 4x promotion/relegation
League 1: 170 reputation, 4x promotion/relegation
League 2: 155 reputation, 4x promotion/relegation
Division 1.A + 1.B: 140 reputation, 2x promotion, 4x relegation, Top half of English Championship clubs
Division 2.A + 2.B: 120 reputation, 4x promotion/relegation, Bottom half of English Championship clubs
Division 3.A + 3.B: 100 reputation, 4x promotion/relegation, England League 1
Division 4.A + 4.B: 85 reputation, 4x promotion/relegation, England League 2
Division 5.A + 5.B: 70 reputation, 4x promotion, 3x relegation, Most English Vanarama National clubs + some semi-pro and pro clubs from Europe
Division 6.A + 6.B + 6.C: 55 reputation, 2 promotion, 1 relegation; semi-pro ~ Vanarama National North & South clubs + 50 extra European clubs!
Total: 408 clubs
In comparison, the BPL has 175 reputation, La Liga has 180, Bundesliga 176, Serie A 170 and Ligue 1 160
NOTE: Not all clubs are in their respective league, eg. Newcastle (In the Championship) easily wins Division 1, so it's moved to League 2, it normally also wins League 2 though.
- 30,000+ Database Changes
- 10 Levels
- 4 cups
- 408 clubs
- 248 clubs from Europe
- 160 clubs from England
- 82 semi-pro clubs in Divisions 5 + 6
- Custom League Logo Graphics (I'm not a graphic designer, so it took me a whole day to make them, hope you appreciate the effort!)
- Includes several historic (but still active) clubs, such as Sheffield, the oldest club in the world as a playable club. (Sheffield is in Division 6.A)
- 659 Awards
- Top 4 division have 51 Awards each
- All-Star XI, Dream Team, Golden Glove
- 8x `Wonderkid` (<= 20 y/o) awards makes it easier to find them; eg. Best Wonderkid Defender, Midfielder, Winger, Playmaker, Striker of the Year
- MVP of the Future, MVP of the Year
- Attacking Defender of the Year = Defender with the most assists
- Best GK, best CD, best FB, best Playmaker, best DM, best AM, best Mid, best ST and best Winger of the Year
- 8x `Young Player` (<= 23 y/o) awards.
- Increased the Transfer Market activity to/from Europe and South America
- `Nations Treated as EU` now includes: South America, USA, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Australia and the whole of Europe
- `Nations Treated as Non-Foreign` now includes all the nations of clubs in the ESL, so their players are considered `local` players.
- Included ALL 23 official languages of the nations I took clubs from; in the list of languages in England. So there should be NO advantage for English speaking clubs!
- Standard Transfer windows apply! Must declare a 25 player squad. Professional leagues have `3 from 7` subs.
- Slightly increased the Wages and Transfer values of Top players with 160~200 skill. The top Transfer Value (191~200) was changed from 65M to 100M, and Wages from 300K to 500K. The lower skill values remain the same.
- System WILL check for date clashes, so you should NEVER have less than 3 days between matches in the Premier League. However, the schedule of Premier League clubs is brutal, but I've seen clubs like Man Utd win both Premier League and Champions League!
- All Cup Finals are played at Wembly!
- Re-balance ESL clubs and leagues
- Re-balanced the Youth Ratings, Youth Facilities, Training etc. For long term saves.
- U23 & U18 Reserve Teams. All reserve teams play against others from their main team division.
Re-balance LeaguesI run many hours of simulations to find the optimal position/division of each team.
I started with each team seeded based on league and reputation, then ran several 1 year holiday simulations and recorded their league table positions; then promoted/relegated each team higher or lower based on average results of several 1 year run simulations.
In total, I ran about 16x 1 year holiday simulations and took the average position of each club for promotion/relegation.
But I still consider the bottom teams in the Premier League to be Yo-yo teams!
Clubs from various countries/leagues are never balanced against each other, they are balanced relative to the clubs in their own league/nation.
So when you have so many clubs come from various countries, you need to re-balance some values relative to clubs with similar strength/reputation.
CupsAll cup finals are played at Wembley!
Each Cup has 13 awards!
ESL Champions League
- 200 reputation; Higher reputation than the rebalanced UEFA Champions League (140) (ie. I lowered the reputation of UEFA CL because it is weaker now because the other Euro leagues are not as strong anymore!)
- Much bigger and harder than the official/origional UEFA Champions League!
- 96 clubs start in the group stage compared to 32 clubs in UEFA
- ALL 96 clubs from the top 4 divisions (Premier League, Championship, League 1 & 2) play a group stage then knockout.
- Group stage has 16 groups of 6 clubs compared to 8 groups of 4 clubs in UEFA
- Top 2 winners from each group (32 clubs) enter the knockout stage
- Winner: 25,000,000 (£)
- Loser: 15,000,000 (£)
ESL League Cup
- 180 reputation
- Replaces FA Cup
- Played by ALL 408 clubs!
- Winner: 8,000,000 (£)
- Loser: 3,000,000 (£)
ESL Super Cup
- 130 reputation
- Played by ESL Champions League winner and ESL Premier League winner
- Winner: 3,000,000 (£)
- Loser: 1,000,000 (£)
ESL League Trophy
- 110 reputation
- Played by the bottom 6 divisions (312 clubs)
- Winner: 1,000,000 (£)
- Loser: 300,000 (£)
How to Install ESL in FM17Extract files.
Copy the European-Super-League.fmf file to:
C:\Users\[__USERNAME__]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\editor data
Copy the `graphics` folder to:
C:\Users\[__USERNAME__]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\graphics
If you already have custom club logo packs, this will simply add a folder to your existing logos called: \graphics\Logos\ESL
If the custom competition logo graphics don't show, check the file paths and then goto `Preferences` -> `Interface` -> click `Clear Cache` ... then go BACK into `Preferences` and click `Reload Skin` on the bottom. This can be done anytime during a game!
NOTE: .fmf files must be placed directly in the `editor data` folder without sub-folders in `editor data` folder!
Start new career game, select `European Super League` from the `Database` Drop down box on top right, then click `Advanced Setup` and select England.
NB NB NB: Please disable all other custom leagues and database changes in the `Database` Drop down box!
Small or medium database is fine, as there are so many high quality clubs already loaded, unless you begin in a very low division.
The Top 4 ESL leagues (Premier League, Championship, League 1 & 2) are very competitive already and very fast to process.
So I recommend to just start with the top 4 leagues. Unless you want a longer game or you want to find a specific club!
I suggest taking a club in League 1 or 2 and try to get promotions to the Premier League.
Notable leagues you might want to include; Top level only: Brazil, Argentina; then maybe Mexico, USA, Colombia, they have the highest youth ratings outside of Europe!
The European leagues of Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal reputation is much lower now, they sit between League 2 and Division 1 in the ESL, so don't load them if you are not loading Division 1! But they can still be good for the Youth Intake values!
Good Luck and Enjoy!