The official data update patch arrived on Mar 4th last year and on Feb 25th the year before that.
Released: 1 March 2017 / 6 March 2017 (Touch)
The Football Manager Winter Transfer Update for FM 2017 is now available for download.
The updated database aims to reflect all the latest transfer changes and also includes various fixes and improvements (see changelist below).
As always the update is save game compatible, but remember that in order to use the new database you’ll need to start a new save game.
This means that upon starting a new game, the latest database will be available with updated squads, managers and everything else which happened before the January window closed.
To update you will need to close the game down and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
17.3 List of ChangesDATABASE
- Official 17.3.0 Update Database added - including winter transfer window data
STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed rare crash related to qualification play-offs for European competitions in May
- Fixed rare crash when selecting home or away venue preference for Peruvian playoff
- Fixed rare crash during processing
- Fixed divergence warning appearing during a match
- Fixed lag in inbox
- Fixed some players being incorrectly denied English work permit
- Fixed user not being credited with Uruguayan First Division win after winning both Opening and Closing stages
- Fixed incorrect teams being selected for Dutch Cup
- Fixed team not being entered for Portuguese Cup if they had been promoted the previous season
- Fixed Chinese Cup squad registration rules
- Fixed rare issue of first team going on Holiday too early in Holland
- Fixed Nordic nations not having correct time for second nationality in Iceland
- Fixed rare European playoff scheduling issue in certain leagues
- Fixed Slovakian Cup draw issue
- Fixed postponement of matches due to international call ups in France
- Fixed incorrect Belgian clubs qualifying for the Champions League
- Fixed incorrect nations qualifying for the 2019 Asian Cup
- Fixed issue where Scouting Knowledge on players was gained too quickly
- Improved job opportunities for users starting game at high profile clubs but with low coaching badges & past playing experience
- Fixed loan deals in Scotland not being completed correctly when the Mandatory future fee clause was included in the deal
- Fixed issue in some Brexit scenarios where UK based players nearing the end of their contracts could not be signed on pre-contracts
- Fixed issue where players were given different star ratings on different pages for the same position
- Fixed World Footballer of the Year award
- Fixed 2nd/3rd places not showing for World Golden Ball award
- Allowed user to apply for international job they have previously rejected
- Fixed incorrect triggering of former staff narrative
- Fixed user incorrectly asked about failure to win a game after multiple woodwork hits in a 2-leg match
- Adjusted youth recruitment upgrades
- Adjusted Northern Irish wage budgets
- Fixed issue of a user being reported to have completed a language course
- Fixed rare issue where the board would ask you if you'd like to buy the stadium when a stadium purchase was already in progress
- Fixed incorrect competition being referenced in player promise extension inbox item
- Tweaked player responses to ‘What will it take to keep you here?’ conversation options in unhappiness chats
- Clarified player response in unhappiness chats when specific wage demands are made mid-chat
- Fixed issues with buying/expanding of stadiums
- Fixes for a number of kit clashes
- Fixed Body Language and Performance match widgets going missing
- Fixed user being unable to drag players from the bench into their formation by their shirt icons
PRE GAME EDITOR
- Fixed individual crashes for various user submitted files
- Fixed errors on several user submitted files
- Further improvements to validation process
FM TOUCH (March 6th)
- Instant Result should always correctly display post-game when used
- Match Fitness and Condition now maxed out for Versus Mode and Fantasy Draft competitions
- Fixed legacy Steam Achievements
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official FM17 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).