How to use
Unzip the FM Genie Scout 2008 folder, then run the FMGenieScout.exe file that you will find inside of it. No installation needed.
History and Credits
This software is created by Eugene Tarabanovsky. Eugene is from Ukraine and one of the most popular personalities throughout the FM community for his stunning work with FM Genie Scout 2007.
Thank you Eugene for keeping up your great work and for giving the new scout utility to the world as a freeware once again!!
The current version is the third public beta (beta 3, build 93) and it's very close to the final version.
See the forum post FM Genie Scout 2008 Bugs and Workarounds for reference regarding the limited beta (most bugs listed there shouldn't apply to the public beta).
Your best bet to get this beta version working
1. Make sure you have FM08 and not WWSM08
2. Make sure you disable "Compress Saved Games" within the Game Preferences and Confirm it
3. Save your game and Load it in FM Genie Scout 2008
- This version should work with all FM2008 versions, including 8.0.0, 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 and their updates.
- Compatible with Windows Vista. However, Vista users should right click the downloaded FMGenieScout.exe file and run as Administrator, as well as running FM2008 as Administrator (otherwise Genie Scout won't be able to access the protected memory area of FM2008 - that's the way that viruses/trojans traditionally install themselves into other programs on your computer).
In addition, Vista users should also turn off User Access Control (UAC - Google "Turn off UAC" if not sure) if they are still having problems.
Chinese Simplified, English, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
A Big Request
If you are using limited beta, please don't send any emails to Eugene with bugs of this program.
If you are looking for the limited beta (beta 2, build 83), sorry but it's no longer available.
Why have made available the download of limited beta and not genie.fm?
The file might have been leaked through the official SI forums, but it was Eugene himself, who uploaded the file online, in the known download folder of FM Genie Scout 2007. And of course, FM addicts were spying on this, until recently unprotected, folder all the time. The file was already available from Rapidshare (and still is) before we added it here.