Method 1: FM to GS - Scouting Knowledge Dependent1. In game: go to --> "manager name" --> search --> players
2. Search for any criteria that you are interested
3. On your right hand side you will see a tab called "save as new shortlist...", you click on it and you "save as..."
4. Go again to --> "manager name" --> search --> and now to shortlist
5. On your right hand side you will see a tab called "shortlists...", at the drop down menu click on the name of the shortlist you save some second ago and the selected players will appear as a list.
6. At the same drop down menu click on "export shortlist..." and name this list as it asks.
7. Open Genie Scout and click on the menu button. Then on "my shortlist" and then "Open shortlist". You need to have a savegame loaded beforehand.
8. Choose the correct shortlist from there and you are DONE!
This way you will only be able to find players that your scouting knowledge allows you to find, whereas directly from genie scout you can find everyone. It is just an easy to way to search for things that you cannot through Genie Scout such as "interested players" etc.
Method 2: GS to FM1. On Genie Scout, find all players that satisfy your minimal requirements (for ex. age < 30, best rating 60+, sale value < 3 m)
2. Save shortlist and import it to FM
3. In FM you should 'Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets' via filter menu
4. Save all interested players into a new shortlist in FM
5. Export this "interested" shortlist and open it in the scout
In addition, you can use any detail level filter in the scout within this list of interested in your club people. You don't have to import and apply 'unrealistic targets' filter in the FM many times anymore.
Thanks to the following people for helping out putting together this brief tutorial:
gajek22 - all screenshots
Vangelis21 - text for method 1
Genie - text for method 2