Managed to make the end of the second season, league sewn up, 4th round of the FA Cup and a comfortable 2-0 win in the FA Trophy Final. Academy is due be to finished at the end of June and the squad have just gone on their end of season break.
I have cash abound due to the "friendlies" that I played (circa 7.25M - and the club is only worth 6.25M). Hmmmm something doesn't sit right there. Takeover bid soon? Heck, if I could find something that was only worth 6.25 but had cash reserves of 7.25, I'd be keen.
I have to say that I have some players that have really stood out for me this year, and they look like dead cert starters for me in League Two. The other impressive aspect is these have all be cast offs bought in from, granted, EPL clubs on free transfers in the second year of game play.
- Striker - scored 49 goals this term and looks solid;
- Right Fullback - fantastic tackler (averaging 5.31 per game with a solid 40 odd games) with good averages to boot (about 7.1) and all round hard man;
- Left Fullback - creative genius, whose flair and skill with putting the up and under behind the defenders created goals. Not sure about my ability to keep him past next year though, wants fairly high wages to re-sign so will look to replace in the off season and sell him on if I can.
- striker - second half of the strike force, 32 goals and topped the assists with 23 (REGEN)
- midfielder - I didn't think much of this guy, only made him vice captain because of his influence score, checked the stats and this guys passing completion was running at 86%
and the best in the league - became an instant starter.
- CB - Slow, but great stats otherwise and very tall, bought in the Jan transfer window and scored 10 goals in half a season. Future captain (in waiting) (REGEN)
- GK - Again, bought in the Jan window after not wanting to discuss a contract with me earlier, pushed Josh Swann off the bench and then Davis off the starting team. Has gone 700-800 mins without conceding at the back end of the season.
- Striker - Unable to displace Bunn or Ecclestone from the starting eleven, he provided impetus from the bench and the occasional start. Ended with 20 goals and is allegedly the most "valuable" - in estimated value anyway - player on my books at season end. Left footedness provided point of difference.
We made some ground back after leading the league at the beginning of the season in the yellow and red stakes. It came back into line, and I ended with 37 bookings in the BSP and 2 red cards, which was in the lower half of the table.
→ This post was edited by Kiwi (2011-10-04 20:56, 2 years ago)