► DONATE TO EUGENE
IMPORTANT: As the public edition of Genie Scout 17 is not yet available, you can find your unique ID from an older version such as GS16.
I have just donated, what happens now?After the donation you will receive an e-mail with the link to download Genie Scout 17g and a key.g17 file (the key file might arrive in a separate email).
That email will also say that you should receive your key within the hour, but there's a chance it can take up to 24 hours.
If you have a question or a problem regarding your donation, please send Eugene an email and he will help you: genie AT fmscout DOT com
Current statusBeta 6 build 706 was released on 4 November.
First beta 1 build 701 was made available on 22 October.
CompatibilityCurrent build 706 is compatible with FM 17.1.1 (current).
It should work on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
It's not compatible with Mac or Linux at all.
Known Issues and WorkaroundsWith current build it's not possible to read correctly:
- Sale value for players
- It won't be compatible with FM Touch until November 4th.
- In-Game Scout is not available yet.
- trying to load a game without having FM17 open with save loaded
- trying to load a game that is new and not saved yet in FM17
- Run FMGenieScout.exe as administrator.
- Make sure to have FM17 open and a game loaded there.
- Make sure to have your game saved before trying to load it in GS17g.
- Close FM and re-open it, then try load game again.
Eugene will always aim to fix more issues with new builds.
Differences between the public edition and the 'g' edition
The 'g' edition has no advertisements and a few extra features.
- In-Game Scout is a brand new feature that was introduced with Genie Scout 16g that brings GS usability to a whole new level.
This feature is NOT included in the 1st beta of Genie Scout 17g.
- A statistically based model that will show the probability of reaching theoretical maximum of players ability
- Progress Rate - shows the predicted speed of player's development, depending on his ambition, determination, professionalism etc
- Support for facepacks - if you have custom facepack added to your FM, it should show on player profiles on GS
- Top players lists, as you can see on the screenshot here:
Where to find my Genie Scout Unique ID?
You can find your Unique ID in GS16, GS15, GS14, GS13, GS12 or GS11.
- Once you open GS, click the big circular icon to the top left corner that should open the main menu.
- Go to 'Help' and then find & click 'Donate' to the right column that slides next to it.
- A popup window will come up, you need to copy the Unique ID.
I donated but I haven't received my 'g' edition yet! Why???
The process is almost fully automated.
There is a chance of delay for the delivery of your download link and key file, but shouldn't take more than 24 hours.
Please remember Eugene is handling all donations and their processing on his own. He is a married man with 2 little kids, so keep that in mind if you panic or feel frustrated for a possible delay.
What to do with the key.g17 file I received in the email?
In order to make GS work properly, you have to place this file into FM Genie Scout 17g directory (by default 'C:\FM Genie Scout 17g').
The key-file is linked to your PC configuration via Unique ID you provided to Eugene when donating. If your Unique ID changes (due to PC configuration change, or re-installing of OS), all data in the "g" edition of your FM Genie Scout will be distorted. In that case you need to send Eugene your new Unique ID, and he'll provide you with a new key-file.
At any case, do not try to open this file. All you need to do is place it in the correct folder.
Can I use the key file to another computer?
No, Unique ID is actually unique per computer. So you'd have to ask Eugene to provide you with more keys, given that you send him all your Unique IDs. You don't need to donate again for that.
I donated for GS16g. Do I have to donate for GS17g again?
Yes. Donations go directly to Eugene (GS author) and he needs your support every year to keep producing Genie Scout. If you don't want to donate, you can wait for the public version.
Do not use this topic to report bugs!