Send Private Message
It all depends on what kind of experience you are hoping for.
Champions League main stays (Manchester United, Manchester City).
- Media prediction will be 1st, 2nd or 3rd
- Usually, these teams have a big transfer budget, and it is easier to try various formations without hampering results too heavily and of course get your favourite players to play together. Recommended for casual gamers or starters.
- Major Goal: Becoming a super power, and winning the quadruple or Champions League three times in a row.
- Biggest Obstacle: The board will not accept anything but the best. Get beaten by Barcelona in the 1st Knockout Stage of the Champions League and you might just get sacked.
Promotion Guaranteed Teams (West Ham - Championship, Sheffield United - League One, etc.)
- Media Prediction: 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
- They are similar to the likes of United and Barcelona, only in the lower leagues.
- You might easily reach the Premier League, but you will have to learn from any mistakes you have made, because the top league will be very difficult to get through.
- Major Goal: Staying in the Premier League, reaching the final stages of cup competitions.
- Biggest Obstacle: You might find a gem of a regen and sign him for peanuts, but he'll soon be gone. Can you keep searching for such players and drive a hard-bargain to save the club some money, while maintaining a good league position?
European Hopefuls (Newcastle, Villa, Everton)
- Media Prediction: 7th, 8th or 9th.
- They have no hope of being champions and a pretty slim chance of reaching the Champions League, but there's always the Europa League! You might have to sell before buying.
- Major Goal: Europa League qualification and attempting a top-4 position within the first 3 years. Cup success.
- Biggest Obstacle: Lack of money. Not enough motivation. You might lose three matches in a row, and be sixteen points behind the leaders, but you need to realize even 6th is good enough for Europe. That might be tougher than you think.
Relegation Dog-fight (Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves)
- Media Prediction: 16th and below.
- These teams need multiple tactics - attacking for similar teams, while defensive for the top teams. They have players who are good, but can't do anything great.
- Top players will not come to these clubs, even when they are "not needed" by their present club because you just can't pay for their wages. Choose wisely. Loans will be very important here.
- Major Goal: Surviving in the league and resisting the temptation of signing for a bigger club. This is your long term project. You have to win the league with this club in 10 years.
- Biggest Obstacle: 7-0, 8-0 losses against the big sides.
P.S: I didn't know how much I helped, because most of what I said is already mentioned earlier, but media predictions are important, if you aren't the most advanced gamer.
And this is only England. The same rule applies in every country. Know your players, know your league and you'll be fine.
Login to Quote