Send Private Message
Tottenham was my first and only save and I won the UCL in my second season, although I got a bit lucky. Didn't sign anyone of note besides Vertonghen and Adebayor.
I was down 3-1 to PSG after first leg in round of 32, beat them 3-0 at the Lane. In the quarterfinals, I was down 3-0 to Bayern and beat them 4-0 at the Lane. In the semi-finals, I was down 4-1 to Madrid and beat them 5-1 at the Lane. In the final, I beat Barcelona 6-3 in ET. Was down 3-2 (down 3-0 at half), Lennon equalized in the 82'. subbed in dos Santos on the right wing for ET, scored 3 minutes into ET. Scored 2 more times in the second half of ET on the counter as Barcelona had EVERYONE forward.
Currently in December of season 3, first in the EPL, just starting knockout round of UCL. Still haven't really bought anyone besides young kids with high potential. Madrid offered me Felipe Anderson for 15m right before I beat them in the UCL. Transfer was finalized the day I beat them, haha.
- Digne is a must purchase as a LWB. He was just as good as BAE after 1 season. I use them both equally.
- I used Falque heavily in the Europa league (season 1, made the final) and he improved to just about level with van der vaart after a season. Currently rotating him Modric & VDV in Season 3. Felipe Anderson will replace VDV this summer.
- Start Sandro from Day 1 over Parker. He improves rapidly if you give him the nod.
- I've had no real need to buy a striker (I still have Adebayor, Defoe & Soulibaly as #3) in Season 3 -- but I rarely play 2 strikers.
- Bassong is considerably better in FM than in real life. As is Gomes. Gomes was statistically better than Friedel so I started him from Day 1. Still have him in Season 3 -- signed a few high potential kids.
I haven't had any success in Carling/FA Cup. and have finished 3rd both times in the EPL. Hope this helps some people out.
Login to Quote