Eugene Come Out Of Hiding - Interview with Eugene Tarabanovsky. Genie Scout Creator Reveals
FM Genie Scout Official Homepage
List of changes
from build 102 to build 103
- added 9.3 version support
- fixed a bug with general/positional rating view in the history
- calculation of the coaching training rating is adapted to 9.3 patch now
- changed staff rating calculation algorithm
- slightly tuned player rating calculation algorithm
- fixed loading data errors
This version doesn't work with compressed save games, so make sure you disable that option in FM preferences, save your game again and then try to load it in Genie Scout.
Please post here for any bugs / problems you might encounter!
You will also find link to download a video presentation of the most wanted FM 2009 utility. The version you can see is XE alpha build 97.
We have prepared and categorized an exclusive list of the new features, as we saw them on the video.
New Features [compared to Genie Scout 2008]
Genie Scout 2009 presentation (5847 KB)
===== Interface =====
- Serious revamp has been done on the interface.
- Thanks to a new version of Integrated development environment - IDE - being used, Ribbon components are now available.
- Thus functionality of the main menu has improved.
- You can now view a list of recent games and the options' description.
- Program parameters (windows' and buttons' size and location) can also now be saved as 'Layout'.
- The main search panels and control elements are located on the Ribbon's main panel.
- Also Ribbon can be minimized
- Quick access panel can now be set up. Main control elements can be moved to the window title.
- It is also possible to hide the unused search panels.
===== Search Engine =====
- Search engine is now improved.
- Now you don't have to use filter to search on basic criteria.
- Unicode text is now totally supported. Now you can search using nonstandard symbols
- It's enough to enter several symbols from different words. The word order does not matter anymore.
===== Rating System =====
- Rating system has changed drastically.
- First, some changes in profile attributes' influence on positional rating are introduced.
- Second, the skill which allows to use both feet is now also taken into account.
For example, let's compare two attacking midfielders. Let's start with finding a player who can use both feet with the same effect (Said Boutahar), and a left-footed player (Jose Ortiz). Jose Ortiz is better than his opponent (speaking of the main parameters). But both of them have similar rating. It is because Said Boutahar can work with the ball using both feet, and due to that
these two different-styled playmakers are alike in terms of effectiveness. It is proved by practice.
- In players, stronger and weaker attributes are either strongly above or strongly below average are rated. Stronger points are shown green, weaker ones are shown in red. It gives you a piece of information to form an overall impression on the player.
- Players' potential rating system has been created from scratch. By terms of practical investigation, all the attributes are divided into several groups, and each group has its own rules in calculating potential attributes. Some of the physical skills change only a bit comparing to technical and psychological ones. Change of the others does not depend on Current Ability value. Also, depending on the player's position, some attributes might change or not.
- The last innovation might possibly help the newbies to get into Football Manager quicker and the experienced ones to find something new for them.
===== User Guides =====
- Hints for all the parameters are introduced, from Sale Value to Jadedness and Adaptability. For example, Marking. How good player is at marking opponents. If a defender has poor Marking it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a load of rubbish. However, you'll definitely want to avoid playing a Man-Marking tactic. If your defenders can't mark for toffee, perhaps consider a Sweeper system or have them defend deeper than you would otherwise like. A Hard Tackling play goes nicely with Marking to soften up the opposition...
- The official manual, "Hints and Tips for Football Manager by Marc Vaughan & Nick Habershon" and other sources have been used for the needed materials.
For example Consistency. How consistently players perform from match to match. On the basis that there is no player that will perform to his current ability 100% of the time, the ratio of what consistency means in terms of how often a player plays at his CA is as follows.
> 20 Consistency = 20/25 games played at CA
> 10 Consistency = 10/25 games played at CA
> 1 Consistency = 1/25 games played at CA
Please note that physical attributes are not taken into consideration when it comes to consistency. Only the technical and mental attributes are marked down depending on consistency.
Consistency is a particularly important attribute.
"FC Volyn" test game is created using the official Football Manager 2009 Demo.
if you have trouble watching the 1st image, click here
History and Credits
This software is created by Eugene Tarabanovsky. Eugene is from Ukraine and one of the most popular personalities throughout the FM community for his stunning work with FM Genie Scout 2007 and FM Genie Scout 2008.
The current version is v1.00 build 103. Eugene returned from retirement and picked us as to be the official FM Genie Scout homepage.
If you are looking for the Genie Scout 2008 version, you can still find it here.
How to watch the video?
Unzip the downloaded file and double click the extracted one.