On FM Scout you can chat about Football Manager in real time since 2011. Here are 10 reasons to join!

How to score in this game

Started on 6 December 2019 by Keegan22
Latest Reply on 1 January 2020 by Mojby
  • POSTS4
  • VIEWS18810
Hi everyone,

I'm getting really disgusted by this game. Last patch corrected some problems but the match engine is still broken. But I want to give this game a last chance so I'm calling for help : how to score goals in FM 20 ?

Every game I have over 20 shots, most of them on target. And yet, I struggle to score 1 goal per game. I completely dominate almost every team (playing with Bayern Munich), I have world class players with maximum condition and morals but just can't score.

I watch the games : these shots are not random long shots, but clear cut chances. Lewandowski misses 3-5 one on one each game. On the other hand, opponents score on 50% of their shots.

Is there anything I could be doing wrong or this game is just broken ?
I don't have a solution for you besides suggesting trying different tactics(look at what people have uploaded and had success with for inspiration), my experience so far in FM20 is all at lower leagues. I am managing to get goals with tactics I have built myself, however I will say that it does seem more difficult to get goals than in previous games.

A game I played just a few minutes ago for example I had 29 shots, 13 on target and only 2 goals. All other stats were equally dominant. We all experience the occasional game like that in FM but it does seem more prevalent in the latest game.
Thanks for the answer.

I think this is a big club problem, the match engine can't deal with good tactics + players, and then "cheats" to balance things up.
And it's not some games, it's like 95% of my games. The other 5% are stomps where I win 7-0, or big games (against Real Madrid for example) that end in 0-0, 0-1 or 1-1.

I have tried different tactics but it's always the same. Now the game has been patched and there almost no new tactic uploaded since then :/
I had a similar problem with my created tactic. To resolve his i just started making small adjustments, saving them and playing a game to see what the effect was. If it did not work, go back to the tactic make a change and try again. It is just trial and error.

You are reading "How to score in this game".

FMS Chat

hey, just wanted to let you know that we have a fb style chat for our members. login or sign up to start chatting.