The official data update patch arrived on March 1st last year and the year before that, so it's quite early this time. The reason is the decision by SI to roll out 2 data updates instead of 1. That means we now got January transfers update, and we'll get another data update for February transfers that will cover all those countries where the transfer window closes by February 29th.
Date Released: February 20th, 2020
File size: 627MB
The Football Manager Winter Transfer Update for FM 2020 is now available for download via Steam.
The updated database aims to reflect all the latest transfer changes, updated attributes and also includes various fixes and improvements (see changelist below).
This means that upon starting a new game, the latest database will be available with updated squads, managers and everything else which happened before the January window closed.
You will need to close down Football Manager 2020 and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated, you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
20.3 List of Changes
- Number of Stability and Crash fixes
- Improvements to game optimisation and increased performance both inside and outside of matches
- Over 650,000 changes to database records
- 20,000 new players and non-players created
- Numerous changes to league competitions and rules including China, Mexico, Greece, Chile, Peru and many more
- Fixes for qualification rules regarding continental competitions and coefficient calculations
- Improvements to newgen generation with more realistic number of Inside Forwards and Ball-Winning Midfielders
- Newgens more tailored for specific positions with better logic for player development
- Fix for Must Respond inbox item appearing incorrectly when staff member responsible for transfer
- Fixes regarding loan functionality including responsibilities and loans being blocked incorrectly
- Improvements to Club Vision and Expectation logic
- Balancing changes to Board and Fan Confidence
- Number of UI improvements
- Various media, press conference and news fixes
- Improvements to player behaviour and instructions when defending set-pieces
- Various other improvements across the game
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official FM20 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).