It is available for free as a separate download for anyone who has bought FM15 through Steam library under tools.
How to find it in a glance:
Open Steam -> Library -> Tools -> Football Manager 2015 Editor
Step by StepStep 1: Open Steam (the Steam client, not the website)
Step 2: Hover over the "Library" button until the drop-down menu shows.
Step 3: Click on "Tools" from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Scroll down until you find "Football Manager 2015 Editor"
Step 5: Double click, or right click and select Install "Football Manager 2015 Editor" and follow the instructions.
The initial run may require to install direct X files.
And that's all, have fun editing yourselves into the game, or unlocking new leagues to play as!
For optimal performance it is recommended that you use the FM2015 Editor on a high-end machine with at least 2GB RAM or more.
Due to massive amount of data stored in the Football Manager 2015 database you may experience poor or slow performance on low-end systems.
FM14 editor vs FM15 editorHere's the list of changes for the FM15 pre-game editor:
- Clubs – Local Region
- People – Ethnicity, Skin Tone, Hair Colour
- Contract end date
- None playing history contains (team)
New editing options
- Option to set a host national in continental club competitions
- Option to prevent teams from playing in 2 continental coups at the same time
- Golden Glove award now works
- New sub rule – 3+GK from 9
- When setting up a new competition – choose template.
- Group stages for playoffs
- Set points for draws, losses and goals
- New suspension options
- “Cancel” button
- Auto save
- Words now used instead of numbers for language proficiency
- Recommended Current Ability
- You can also now “publish to workshop” when saving an editor file.
- Improved help system to better indicate when you're going to break the game with your data changes.
FM15 Editor FAQHow do I load the file I created into my game inside FM?
When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.
Where Should I save files to?
Whether you have created the files yourself or downloaded them they need to be placed in the following locations for them to be loaded into the game.
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2015 > editor data
Remember when saving files you have created yourself always use the File > Save As within the editor.
I have created a player with a Current Ability (CA) of 200 and gave him all 20 attributes, why has this not worked in the game?
This is due to the weighting of the attributes, some of them have more weighting (e.g physical) take up more points than others (technical & mental). To make a player as effective as possible, give higher attributes to key areas depending on the players position e.g. a striker will need higher finishing, first touch, technique & composure but could have low Free Kicks, Throw Ins, Corners & Marking.
What are the boundaries for minus potential?
-10 = 170-200 PA
-9 = 150-180 PA
-8 = 130-160 PA
-7 = 110-140 PA
-6 = 90-120 PA
-5 = 70-100 PA
-4 = 50-80 PA
-3 = 30-60 PA
-2 = 10-40 PA
-1 = 0-20 PA