So the first 'chairman game' started by Adam (LFC) was eagerly anticipated by many. It was expected to become a fun and interactive game that users of the site could come and participate in. However, unfortunately Adam has had to end the game before it actually begun, he told me he hasn't the the to create the database.
The chairman game
Which is why I will be restarting the chairman game. Adam, will be lending me a hand with running the game and making sure it goes smoothly, however I will be creating the database, and once everyone has their transfers done...I will hope to have the database done 2 weeks after the transfer deadline.
For those of you that participated last time round, you all know the rules but i suggest you read this anyway:
1. Enjoy yourself. The biggest rule of them all:)
2. Be patient. Last time round there were a few members constantly going on at Adam about the database, I would like you guys to know there is a lot of work that goes into making a database as big as this one and it will be done when it's done. Go on at either me or Adam and you won't play. (Sorry if that sounds a bit mean and childish;))
3. Keep calm. If you are in negotiations with another chairman for one of their players and it takes a while, don't get throw your toys out of the pram, stay calm and be nice. Also, if they don't want to sell...accept it, and look elsewhere.
4. Read the rules BEFORE you sign up.
Not many rules, you guys should know how to act anyway so I won't go on
Now for the rules of the actual game (for those who haven't played before)
1. You may sack your manager, or any other member of staff, at any time. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.
2. Only realistic managerial appointments will be allowed, so it is not possible to bring Pep Guardiola to Stoke. The same rule applies for other positions too. (The Manager rep must be lower than Club Rep +5%)
3) Signing a manager from another team will require you to pay a compensation value of the remainder of their contract + 25%. Manager Wages will be calculated at the same rate as players from own nation and then the predicted club position is taken into account.
4. You may set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, but if you put them too high you run the risk of your club having financial problems in the future, so I advise against going too high.
5. Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:
£2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
£3,000,000 for a minor improvement to your traning facilities.
Stadium upgrades will not be considered in the first season, I will revisit this after the first season.
6. You ARE allowed co-chairmen.
7. This is NOT a network game
1. You must put some effort into your press releases. Keep them nice neat an presentable, if anyone needs help writing updates, feel free to ask me, adam or anyone else.
2. You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates, read your PMs, and follow the rules of the game. Failure to be active or repeatedly violating the rules of the game will see you being removed from it.
3. Nothing is to be announced in this thread until I have told you it is OK.
4. Anything you want to do must be sent to me in a PM. I will then check it, and if it is all OK I will reply and let you know that you can announce it in the thread.
5. Failure to confirm things with me or Adam before announcing them will see you removed from the game.
1. To sign a player from another team in your league you must contact the Chairman of that team and agree a value with them via PM. (You can then calculate their wage using one of the rules below) Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer in the thread.
2. The number of players that you can sign is limited to the following:
Transfers between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Loans between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - 2 per season
Transfers from foreign clubs - Maximum of 3 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January.
*A youth player is classified as a player aged 18 or under and valued at below £2,500,000*
3. The price of players is as follows:
Transfers between clubs in the league - Agreed between Chairmen
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - Double the players current value
Transfers from foreign clubs - 2.5 times the players current value
Transfers of youth players from foreign clubs - Double the players current value IF they have not represented their nation and have played less than 10 senior games for their club. Four times the players current value if they have represented their nation or have played more than 10 senior games.
If players are transfer listed or have a release clause, then they will be taken into account and the lowest amount will be used as the purchase price
4. If there is a player that you want to sign on a free transfer then you must PM me their name. Then at the end of the transfer window I will put them all in the thread and there will be a blind auction. By that I mean every Chairman can submit contracts to the players, these offers will be sent to me via PM. After the auction has finished the players will join the team that offers him the highest contract.
5. You may release any players from their contract at any time, but will have to pay the remainder of their contract to do so.
6. If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairman in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, this does not guarantee that they will be sold however.
1. If the transfer is below £5 million, then £10k will be added to the players' current wage.
2. If the transfer is between £5 million and £14.9 million, then £20k will be added to the players' current wage.
3. If the transfer is between £15 million and £24.9 million, then £30k will be added to the players' current wage.
4. If the transfer is above £25 million, then £50k will be added to the players' current wage.
Sorry, there were quite a lot of rules there but don't worry, now you have read them you are ready to play. So how do you enter?
To enter you must reply with your chairman name and Premier League team. There are 20 teams to choose from (obviously). If you find yourself asking others which teams they are...it is probably best you stay away for now Just so you know
Club - Owner - Transfer Budget Free (Wage Budget Free)
1.Arsenal - P-KIDDY, Hazard - £60M (£425k wage)
2.Aston Villa - ARSENAL_Rulez - £30M (£175k wage)
3.Cardiff - - £25M (£150k wage)
4.Chelsea - ZapdosTheGreat - £70M (£475k wage)
5.Crystal Palace - Cameronox - £25M (£150k wage)
6.Everton - BCB123 - £40M (£325k wage)
7.Fulham - MRJK - £37M (£275k wage)
8.Hull - - £25M (£150k wage)
9.Liverpool - Louis - £45M (£350k wage)
10.Manchester City - Justice - £65M (£450k wage)
11.Manchester United - Neal - £80M (£550k wage)
12.Newcastle - Pompeyblue - £38M (£300k wage)
13.Norwich - AaronHJFT96, LFC - £30M (£175k wage)
14.Southampton - tBendis - £33M (£210k wage)
15.Stoke - Trop - £30M (£175k wage)
16.Sunderland - Edu, Walter - £31M (£180k wage)
17.Swansea - Stigzee - £35M (£250k wage)
18.Tottenham - AlexTHFC - £50M (£375k wage)
19.West Brom - TVDLC123 - £34M (£225k wage)
20.West Ham - - £32M (£200k wage)
Any questions, do ask me or Adam.
My Chairman name is George Forman and I will be taking over Norwich with Wood-Hill peter (Adam!)
Let the game begin! Enjoy!