June 20, 2013
Bekescsaba 2 - 0 Donji Srem
- 15th minute: Arbey Mosquera cuts to the left, swings in a cross to the target man Adam Viczian for the score.
- 30th minute: Skecic makes a mistake that almost leads to a Donji Srem score.
- 55th minute: Lucas scores but his goal is disallowed for being offside.
- 57th minute: Zsolt Gajdos crosses from the left to Krisztian Sipos for Bekescsaba's second goal.
AS you can probably tell by me forcing a goalkeeper into a center back's role, I need to sign one or two more center backs if I can. I didn't have enough cover for this matchup and I need to keep my players fresh. We did an okay job of creating chances, we just need to finish them when we get them. Skecic did an okay job of playing center back, but he needs more playing time to get used to the role.
Fomumbod Signs With Bekescsaba
Cameroonian DM/CB Eugene Fomumbod has signed with Bekescsaba to fill a deficiency at center back. He is well-traveled among the Hungarian league system and hopefully his experience can be helpful for the club.
Bekescsaba Signs Molnar
Bekescsaba continues to load up on center backs by signing 36 year old Hungarian Robert Molnar. He is basically the "break in case of emergency" option, and hopefully Bekescsaba won't have to trigger his automatic extension clause.
June 27, 2013
Bekescsaba 4 - 3 Gyula
I holidayed through this match since I didn't want to see two tired teams.
Gabor Poszar Wants Out
32 year old Gabor Poszar reportedly wants out of Bekescsaba, and Farkas is eager to oblige. He has been sold to Szigetszentmiklos for 2,000 Euros. Seems like a small amount, but it gets a contract off the books and a bit of cash into the club.
(OOC: I will holiday through the rest of the friendlies and post a list of results at the end.)
Krisztian Pali Signs With Bekescsaba
30 year old Hungarian left winger Krisztian Pali has signed with Bekescsaba. With their lack of a true left midfielder, they needed to sign one, and Pali looks to be a decent bargain option.
Rest of Friendlies
We have one more test before the upcoming season, the 2nd round of the Hungarian Cup:
August 21, 2013 - Hungarian Cup 2nd Round
Nagyatad 0 - 5 Bekescsaba
- 15th minute: Arbey Mosquera takes a long pass from Istvan Albert, rounds the keeper and puts it in the net! Goal for Bekescaba!
- 38th minute: Lucas beats the Nagyatad left back down the right wing and gets his cross in to Adam Viczian in the six-yard box to make it 2-0.
- 41st minute: Mosquera beats his marker and receives a long pass, then scores his second goal!
- 58th minute: After a spell of dominance by Nagyatad that resulted in some near-misses, Mosquera roars back with his third goal for the hat trick.
- 74th minute: Lucas streaks down the right wing, cuts inside, and scores one of his own.
Arbey Mosquera is clearly a key player, as this match proves. It was a shellacking of a much worse team, but hopefully it got the confidence flowing and we can carry this into the season.