1. Go to http://www.mirc.com
and download mIRC.
2. Install and open the program
3. Go to Tools > Options in the top menu bar in mIRC
4. In the Connect section fill in whatever you want in Full Name and
Email Address (they don't have to be real), then fill in Nickname,
which is the name other people will see publically when you chat. This
is limited to 10 characters.
5. Type "/server irc.textella.com", without quotes, in the text field
of the Status window that is sitting on the right of the client area.
6. When you are connected you should type /join #fmscout to join our
channel and then you are able to type in text and read what others are
7. All done! Now I recommend reading some more guides on the link
above and learn your client.