CAF Champions LeagueThe format of the CAF Champions League is modified and expanded to mirror the UEFA Champions League with qualifying, playoff rounds, a group stage of 32 teams and knockout rounds.
All league winners in the continent qualify for this competition. The qualification places are sorted based on the divisions’ reputation. Leagues with higher reputation have more than one club qualify (best placed teams). The winner of this competition qualifies automatically for the next year’s group stage. The prize money is significantly increased to minimize the difference with European competitions.
CAF Confederation CupThe format of the CAF Confederation Cup is modified and expanded to mirror the UEFA Europa League with qualifying, playoff rounds, a group stage of 48 teams and knockout rounds. The losers of qualifying & playoff rounds & the 3rd place clubs from the group stage of the CAF Champions League enter this competition.
The winners of the main domestic cup of each nation qualify for this competition. Leagues with higher reputation have more than one club qualify (next best placed teams). The winner of this competition qualifies automatically for the next year’s CAF Champions League group stage. The prize money is also significantly increased.
Regional Club CompetitionsThe losers of the qualifying & playoff rounds of the CAF Confederation Cup enter the competitions. If there are none, the next best placed clubs qualify. Some nations also have the league cup winners that qualify. The regional club competitions are : -
- UNAF Champions Cup : For clubs from North African nations
- Kagame Interclub Cup : For clubs from East African nations
- UNIFFAC Club Cup : For clubs from Central African nations
- Eyadema Unity Cup : For clubs from West African nations
- COSAFA Club Cup : For clubs from South African nations
CAF Super CupThe winners of the CAF Champions League, CAF Confederation Cup and all 5 regional club competitions qualify for CAF Super Cup which is held at neutral venues in July and August every year.
Notes : -
- The qualification places are sorted based on the divisions’ reputation which I’ve edited to match the latest CAF 5-Year Ranking. The reputation changes every year by default so theoretically, leagues ranking are dynamic which means the qualification places of a nation could be changed each year.
- However, after years of test simulation in game, I’ve noticed that the leagues’ and cups’ reputation in the continent remains unchanged whereas in Europe where I’ve not edited the leagues’ reputation, the divisions’ and cups’ reputation change each year.
- This is a known issue that has been reported a few times before in the previous FMs and I’ve considered it as a bug.
Enjoy the custom files and your feedback are much appreciated.
How to install1. Download the file and extract the compressed file
2. Move all the .fmf files to the editor data folder
By default : C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\editor data
3. Launch Football Manager 2020
4. In the custom database option, select “NBL Continental Comps - Africa”
5. Start the game and enjoy!