Released: 23 November 2017
As usual the update is save game compatible, so you don't have to start a new save game to apply the fixes.
You will need to close down Football Manager 2018 and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated, you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
List of ChangesSTABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed crash during processing
- Addressed rare crash when hovering over player role on quick sub panel
- Fixed rare crash occurring during post-match team talk
- Addressed match freezing when multiple players are in online match
- Fixed issue with certain editor files creating saves which cannot be reloaded
- Fixed rare issue of substituted player appearing on bench and pitch at same time on tactics screen
- Reduces incidences of cross/shots highlights
- Fixed rare case of ball not re-entering play after a throw in
- Further fixes for player names not appearing correctly within match
- Fixed players being re-suggested in scouting inbox despite having already been acknowledged
- Fixes so Carabao Cup 2nd round draw is completed correctly
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official FM18 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).