The official data update patch arrived also on Mar 1st last year and on Mar 4th the year before that.
Released: 1 March 2018 / 2 March 2018 (Touch)
The Football Manager Winter Transfer Update for FM 2018 is now available for download.
The updated database aims to reflect all the latest transfer changes and also includes various fixes and improvements (see changelist below).
As always the update is save game compatible, but remember that in order to use the new database you’ll need to start a new save game.
This means that upon starting a new game, the latest database will be available with updated squads, managers and everything else which happened before the January window closed.
You will need to close down Football Manager 2018 and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated, you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
18.3 List of ChangesDATABASE
- Added database 18.3 to include winter transfer & data updates
- Fixed rare crash during processing
- Fixed game freeze when attempting to upload highlight to YouTube
- Fixed crash on continue with edited data
- Fixed rare crash when loading save game
- Fixed freeze during penalty shootout
- Fixed crash during match
- Fixed MLS crash when locking certain trade items in a trade offer
- Fixed rare crash that could occur after a match in Challenge mode (Touch)
- Fixed rare scouting crash on continue (Touch)
- Fixed rare ball physics bug
- Improved individual team talk reactions
- Fixed team talk assistant advice when winning competition
- Fixed passing accuracy assistant feedback
- Fixed issue where stadium/players sometimes appear black
- Fixed score diverging in online matches
- Additional individual team talk button added to player’s row on team talk table
- Fixed issue where player would become stuck in a trialist squad
- Fixed issue where user was incorrectly being overlooked for management jobs
- Improved AI shortlisting decisions in regards to HG players
- Improved logic in selecting the players who will be returned in certain scouting assignments
- Fixed issue where player attributes could be revealed too quickly
- Fixed issue where users were able to make various promises to the board incorrectly resulting in rare sackings
- Fixed a conversation not generating following a broken promise to a player
- Fixed question incorrectly asked about chances of winning the league when already won
- Fixed player given leave of absence by club leaving national team setup
- Fixed instances where pre-match backroom advice had stopped generating
- Fixed rare instance where user is unable to play national B team match away against a club side
- Fixed instances of press and media carrying over previous manager’s pressure onto the new manager
- Fixed instances of same press conference question being asked twice
- Fixed instances of being asked about other manager’s response without seeing the response first
- Fixed Chief Scout setting up assignments (Touch)
- Fixed board confidence issue when playing Challenges in Ligue 2 (Touch)
- Fixed league expectations after starting a job not matching the contract offer (Touch)
- Can now vote in World Player of the Year award if a national manager
- Fixed Spanish Second Division Best Goalkeeper award being awarded to outfield players
- Spanish First Division teams no longer fail to register first team players for no obvious reason
- B Team players in Spain will be correctly eligible for First Team matches if made available
- Bulgarian European Place Playoff now schedules not too late at end of season
- Updated Mexican Cup structure
IN GAME EDITOR
- Physical Condition and Match Sharpness can now be edited directly from the Profile screen via In-Game Editor
- Fixed Unlimited Scouting unlockable
- Fixed Scouting Knowledge map not displaying in Scouting Centre
- Fixed Cross-Sync crash when trying to upload a save that's already in the cloud
- Fixed keyboard remaining on screen after selecting a player in game search
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official FM18 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).