This update has been in the works for some time now (made available to public beta users). It contains a number of fixes and tweaks, mostly for the match engine.
Released: 11 December 2018
As usual the update is save game compatible, so you don't have to start a new save game. However, any fixes related to competitions rules or schedules require you to start a new game.
To update you will need to close down Football Manager 2019 (or Football Manager Touch 2019) and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
19.2.0 List of Changes- Further stability/crash fixes
- Fixes for freezes occasionally occurring during network games
- Number of general AI transfer tweaks
- Changes to situations when player would demand new contract
- Fix for incorrect future transfer date appearing
- Further balancing work on happiness conversations
- Training happiness tweaks
- Number of general training fixes
- Fixed being unable to attend matches via team’s schedule panel
- Fixed issues with Continue Game Timeout not being responsive enough.
- Number of general UI fixes
- Carabao Cup winner not qualifying for Europe if previous Euro Cup winner was English & outside top 4
- Players spawned in Belgium should have the correct Belgian Homegrown status
- Premier Division and Championship now have Goal Line Technology in all matches
- Number of fixes related to Romanian league
- Number of competition and rule groups fixes
- National U19 team selection criteria fixes
- Fixes for media items appearing erroneously in certain situations
- Fixed match sharpness increasing too quickly during matches
- Fixes for commentary only replays and commentary
- Tweaks to referee’s decision making
- Tweaks to player reaction times
- Improvements to set piece defending
- Lowering cross-field clearances from dangerous positions
- Toned down too many players chasing the ball with Counter-Press
- Changes to heading logic and accuracy
- Improvements to dribbling, shooting crossing and players joining attack calculations
- Further general AI improvements
- AI tactical improvements
- General instructional changes
If you encounter any issues please do take the time to raise them via the FM2019 bugs official forum.