Travel back in time to an era of football where some of the greatest players of all time roamed the world. This Football Manager 2022 throwback database brings back some epic teams, managers and players from around the world in the original leagues and teams from 1992/93. If you don't remember 1990's football, this is a great and fun opportunity to learn about an epic football era.
In the event of the 30th anniversary for the very first edition of Championship Manager, we're celebrating the 1992/93 season with a brand new throwback database. This season was the inaugural season of the English Premier League, second season of the Champions League, and there where still a competition named the Cup Winners Cup. Besides that some of the greatest legends of all time, roamed the football world at this time.
Released: 24 March 2022
Updated: 24 July 2022 (added 2 playable leagues)
The player attributes are copied manually from various of editions of Championship Manager. So now you have the chance to manage all the legends from the early 90s, in the modern Football Manager match engine.
I've dedicated myself to this project for the last 6 months.
So jump into the FM Time-machine and travel back to 1992.
More leagues will be added and released in later updates.
Season 1992/93 Database - 10 Playable Nations
- England (Premier League & 1. Division)
- Italy (Serie A & Serie B )
- Scotland (Premiership)
- Spain (La Liga)
- France (Ligue 1)
- Germany (Bundesliga)
- Netherlands (Eredivisie)
- Portugal (Primera)
- Brazil (Brasileiro)
- Argentina (Primera División)
- Approximately 10,000 of created players
Season 1992/93 Database - Download OptionsDownload 1992-93 Season Save-Game (fm)
The direct download link on this page will lead you to a save game file which makes it easier and faster to load.
Database-onlyDownload 1992-93 Season Database (fmf)
Logopack (optional)Download 1992-93 Season Logopack
Facepack (optional)Download 1992-93 Season Facepack
How to play Season 1992/93 on FM22With Save-game
1. Move the downloaded file to your "games" folder:
Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/games
2. Open Football Manager 2022 > Load Game > Select the 1992-93 DB
3. Add your manager and select the club you want to manage.
With Database file
1. Move the downloaded file to your "editor data" folder:
Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/editor data
2. Open Football Manager 2022 > Start a new career > Select the "1992 93 DB MASTER" option from the top right drop down button with database version (22.1.1 Update)
3. Click on the "Advanced Setup" button to select the leagues of choice and database size settings.
1. Extract the contents of the 1992-93 Logos Patch.rar file to the "logos" subfolder of the "graphics" folder.
Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/graphics/logos
Important: If you have other logopacks installed, you need to remove them to avoid conflicts.2. Open FM22 > Preferences > Interface, and hit the "clear cache" button - then return on the same screen and "reload skin".
1. Extract the contents of the V1.zip file to the "faces" subfolder of the "graphics" folder.
Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/graphics/faces
Important: If you have other facepacks installed, you need to remove them to avoid conflicts.2. Open FM22 > Preferences > Interface, and hit the "clear cache" button - then return on the same screen and "reload skin".
Season 1992/93 - Teaser Trailer
Follow & Support@MadScientistFM
PayPal Donation Become a Patron