If you have installed the game via Steam, the patch is available for download now, from both Torrent and Direct Download options.
PC Torrent Download
PC Direct Download
PC Digital Direct Download
PC Direct Download Alternative Link (WorthPlaying)
Mac Torrent Download
Mac Direct Download
Mac Digital Direct Download
Mac Direct Download Alternative Link (WorthPlaying)
Steam (PC Only)
If you have purchased, installed, and activated via Steam, you will already have patch 3 of FM2010, and should be running version 10.2
Other download partner
If you have purchased, installed and activated via another digital download partner, you will should already have a patched version of FM2010, and should be running version 10.2 - DO NOT MANUALLY PATCH digital downloads like eSellerate or Steam - it will cause errors with your game.
Changelog (from 10.1.1 to 10.2)
- Fixed bug where a player who had gained home-grown status for one club, wasn't treated as home-grown in nation for another club in the same nation.
- Set African newgens with second nationalities to use African names only.
- Adjusted second nationalities for English newgens.
- Adjusted attendances for U20 World Cup and other international final tournaments.
- Older extra players created at some amateur clubs now all have amateur contracts rather than part-time.
- Adjusted the CA/PA levels of newgens created at the very small clubs.
- Adjusted the chances of better newgens being created at smaller clubs in big footballing nations.
- Fixed bug where kit pictures in low detail matches didn't match up with the kit colours used for the match.
- Fixed code in a players media history when they have been left out of a squad.
- Added support for multiple team chants in match_sounds.cfg file.
- Adjusted assistant feedback during the match on tackling.
- Fixed bug where returning from holiday on the day of a postponed match would allow the manager to play the postponed match.
- Away teams with the same colour shorts as the home team are now less likely to change to a different kit (Rangers and Celtic now both use first kits when they play each other)
- Players now automatically receive the most basic appropriate injury treatment if they get injured while their club has no physio.
- Added Composure and Concentration to be included in Goalkeeper training.
- Adjusted English cup attendances.
- Finetuned physical attribute decline on average and below average players.
- The number of database changes made now is shown on the game information screen.
- Fixed a penalty shootout match divergence bug.
- Trial Days are no longer held at stadiums that aren't in use.
- Players now get a reputation boost when they win their first cap.
- Fixed bug where touchline instructions were already set going into a new match.
- Adjusted FA Trophy semi-final and final attendances.
- Fixed problem when more than one achievement was given at the same time, which would sometimes cause an achievement to not be properly registered as achieved.
- Key man watch correctly states that a player went of injured rather than subsituted.
- Adjusted quality of newgens available in the MLS draft.
- Stopped the user been able to make lots of money as a small team by arranging lots of friendlies against high reputation opposition.
- Improved selection of organisation of friendlies.
- Fixed international manager getting inundated by scout reports on players who simply aren't good enough.
- Stopped some Irish players taking up British citizenship for no reason.
- Fixed Daniel Carvalho's days to gain nationality for Russia being incorrect (need to start new game)
- Improved World Cup squad selections, making sure teams aren't short on strikers.
- Stopped domestic division record attendance's being set by neutral venues at play-off finals etc.
- Stopped players being able to complete days to gain nationality by going on trial to that nation.
- Improved average ratings for lower leagues in the basic detail match engine.
- Reduced game memory usage.
- Improved squad rotation for basic detail matches, especially with regard to Europa League matches.
- Improved manager of the month selection.
- Fixed "Most Games Without Losing" not being updated for the recent records entry for teams.
- Fixed number of minutes played in player statistics not being recorded for friendly matches.
- Fixed issue with human managers registration of players at clubs with retired squad numbers, sometimes a player would be unregistered.
- Made it easier for players to get onto the icon & legends lists.
- Tweaked assistant feedback during match on players being played out of position.
- Made it easier to get a the feeder club when you get to pick a club yourself.
- Fixed a bug where trying to send a player to a feeder club is canceled because the team cannot afford the fee.
- Allowed the PPM "Tries to Play Way Out of Trouble" to be removed via preferred move training.
- Made it more difficult for managers to get onto the legend list.
- Stopped some nations from retaining too many players from Africa at the start of the game.
- Fixed code appearing in inbox item about job interest.
- The media now picks up on the fact if a big player has been left out of the league squad.
- Players now get upset if left out of a clubs league squad.
- Weakest player is displayed on the post match analysis screen again.
- Delaying a transfer in a hot seat game results in 'Delay' action buttons appearing on other user's news screen when nothing to do with him.
- Fixed variable occasionally appearing in announcements about stadium improvements.
- Fixed User being told that they need to give a Squad Number to the player who went the other way in a transfer deal.
- Fixed individual player goal tally in match report news item.
- Fixed user getting Promotion Odds news item for the league they have just been promoted from.
- Prevented possibility of duplicate transfer window opening news item appearing in inbox.
- Fixed "has expressed a desire to take the vacant assistant manager post" news when position not currently vacant.
- Fixed news item declaring injury has resulted in player being disappointed to miss crucial game, but player is ineligble anyway.
- Player profile no longer states that the player 'may look to move to a bigger club in the future' and 'wants to move to a bigger club'.
- After signing a youth coach the news item [Assignments] button now takes the user to the youth coaching assignments screen.
- Nation release players news item button now takes you to the correct list of players.
- Declaring interest in a player on trial now mentions their ownig club rather than the team they are on trial with.
- Fixed number of 'Goals' and 'Conc' in club mini-profile could become multiplied for teams in leagues with more than one stage.
- Fixed and occasionally appearing in national news item about player being suspended for a match in an international tournament.
- Fixed showing in a news item informing you the most man of the match record has been broken.
- Stopped press conference asking about star player missing for a final when the player is not a first team player.
- Fixed press conference question about bringing a player out of international retirement having a drop-down box instead of a set of answers.
- Fixed news item incorrectly states player failed to make a single appearance during loan spell.
- Fixed "No Shocks" cup round up wording where it picks a match that couldn't have been an upset.
- Fixed issue where previous awol status wasn't being stored which could lead to news items being received about a player being missing from training for the first time.
- Fixed players occasionally being removed from subscriptions without user unsubscribing.
- Setting/unsetting active shortlists should subscribe/unsubscribe you as appropriate.
- Adjusted code to allow more clubs to make offers for offered out players.
- Fixed an issue whereby coach/scout would state player would be interested in loan move, but in fact he wasn't.
- Adjusted code to fix a couple of issues regarding players starting squad status.
- Fixed issue whereby some lower league teams starting squad statuses contained too many key players.
- Helped clubs be more responsive to replacing first team players once sold.
- Fixed issue whereby certain teams would not look to renew player loans.
- Fixed issue of missing rejection news item when offering a player for transfer but stating player is unavailable for loan.
- Fixed issue whereby user recieves multiple rejection news items when offering a player for transfer but setting player to unavailble for loan.
- Eased problem of trying to offload high earning players via offer to clubs by getting a lot more players ask the selling clubs to contribute towards his new salary.
- Fixed issue whereby player would ask for too much of a wage contribution from selling club.
- Added appeal hearing for Chelsea transfer ban.
- Changed dates for Chelsea's transfer ban.
- Fixed some issues todo with strikers being placed in reserve squads even though are playing first team football and scoring some goals.
- Fixed negotiation issue when player is transfer listed, has a lower asking price than display price and the bid involved monthly installments, negotiation would be for more than asking price.
- Prevented massive clubs when not part of active division from targetting unusual backup goalkeepers from active divisions.
- Prevented clubs with global transfer bans from being able to 'Match Bid' for players at affiliate clubs.
- Fixed a couple of issues regarding a player not being interested in renewing his loan with his existing loan club.
- Prevented players returning from loan and being listed without human managers consent.
- Made it more likely for a staff member to accept a contract offer from his current club over a deal offered by a different club.
- Fixed issue whereby selling club would overate players when being sold and be too harsh in terms of transfer confidence.
- Fixed issue whereby selling club would place too much emphasis on recent performances, even though they weren't that good and return really low confidence values.
- Players can now be given a leave of absense when they are struggling to settle in the area.
- Linked players are now only displayed if there is player interaction that requires a linked player.
- Fixed Rangers starting finances.
- Adjusted ticket prices for the lower level English leagues.
- Removed collective win bonuses for Spanish cups as the prize money in these competitions is low and resulted in very low bonus money as well.
- Adjusted Swedish wages.
- Fixed Slovenia clubs dont offer clean sheet, goal etc bonuses.
- Adjusted Slovenia wages.
- Adjusted South African Wages.
- Adjusted Mexican wages.
- Adjusted Danish national team attendances.
- Adjusted Scottish finances.
- Fixed some away teams not receiving friendly appearance money.
- Adjusted English low league finances.
- Adjusted rich Middle east team wages.
- Fixed budget Wage/Transfer budget discrepancy when transferring between the two.
- Action buttons are now removed if you do the action using the right click menu e.g. setup a scouting assignment on a scouting recommendation piece of advice.
- Youth team goalkeepers ability advice is no longer seperate from the youth team player standard advice.
- Stopped second opinion advice contradicting themselves regarding the standard of youth team players.
- Fixed action buttons causing screen over run.
- Improved staff members recommendations on which players deserve to get pro contracts.
- Stop backroom advice meeting reminders if the player has been to the screen since the last news item was sent.
- Made sure the player is taking to their inbox when the backroom advice meeting invites are sent.
- Made sure there is advice generated when the player is invited to a backroom advice meeting.
- Contract re-newal advice is no longer generated if the user doesn't handle that players contract re-newal.
- Current formation advice no longer suggests the same formation the user is currently using.
- Eligible for a pro contract advice is now offered on players on youth contracts who are not in the youth team squad.
- Withdraw bid advice button now always removes the transfer offer.
- Stopped advice about re-newing players on trial contracts.
- Stopped numerous pieces of advice been suggested again after the turn of the month.
- The suggested nation to scout in the nation to scout advice no longer keeps changing.
- Decreased the amount of training advice generated in each meeting.
- Tactical advice no longer recommmends formations or team instruction the current formation is using.
- Increased the time between staff advising you to recommend a future role to.
- Added code which prevents non-nationals becoming chairmen if applicable in a given country.
- Match formation panel now updates correctly when substitutions are made.
- Added missing space in A Thr(R) column heading.
- Nationality string on player profile will now display correctly if they are declared for that country.
- Fixed bug where squad number goes missing on pitch panel when a player is swapped for another player on the player list panel.
- Fixed bug where option to create a filter from the Filter drop-down when on player searches was never enabled.
- Removed team facts division column if it is not applicable rather than showing blank data.
- Fixed minor layout issue when creating a new note.
- Live league table on the competition screen now updates properly in network game.
- Contracts section is no longer going to be visible for unattached players.
- Ensured player duty/roles menu can't be selected for an AI tactic when they haven't selected a player for a given position.
- When confirming/cancelling tactics, the user is now always taken back to the previous view correctly.
- If user is on the assistant's feedback page before a highlight starts, he is returned there after it finishes now.
- Fixed problem that caused scrollbar to reset when assigning position to a player on the tactics screen.
- Fixed colour clash problem which sometimes caused the player numbers to be unreadable in the 2d match view.
- Centered the number when dragging a shirt on the tactics pitch.
- Fixed problem with the date panel which caused one of the column headers to appear selected when clicking one of the dates from 1st-7th January.
- Back/Forward buttons no longer changes state for a moment when changing screens.
- Latest Results button will now be disabled if it isn't possible to go backwards or forwards through fixture dates.
- Board confidence snapshot on manager home page will no longer be available for international youth teams.
- Make An Offer option will no longer be available if the user already has an active offer in place for a player.
- Fixed bug where Reports section would be missing from staff employed by a user's national team.
- Calendar timeline will no longer display data from an old save game when returning to the start screen.
- Phil Jagielka now listed as a DC instead of a GK when he is on the bench and the user is using the quick sub dialog.
- Fixed text bleed on holiday options dialog when using French language.
- Re-arranging an international friendly via a friendly rejected news item now shows the correct fixture dates.
- Fixed some minor issues with the match screen split view changing of views.
- Disabled advisor about placing a job advert if the human is unemployed.
- Disabled advisor about adding players to a shortlist if the human does not have a club job.
- Disabled advisor about signing a player when on the player search screen and right clicking on a player.
- Match analysis tab is now disabled for matches that were played without the full match engine.
- Remove picture button when adding a new manager will now only be enabled if the user chooses a picture, rather than whenever they select to add one.
- Last 5 games table for competition split over multiple league stages (Swiss Super, Scottish SPL, etc) now uses the correct fixtures.
- Fixed problem with international scout reports not appearing sometimes on the team squad screen.
- Added information about the current view on the shortlist/player search screens.
- Ensured sorting order of players on quick substitution menu is correct after making substitutions.
- Made sure the news snapshot panel is hidden when there is no extra information to display for the news item.
- Fixed a couple of problems which would cause the calendar bar to no update properly.
- Fixed a slowdown that would sometimes happen on the match preview screen.
- Ensured calendar timeline is cleared down if the player gets kicked out to the join network screen.
- Icons off the pitch will now be drawn on the small match view panel when changing tactics mid match.
- Nationality selection menus when adding a manager will now disable the corresponding selection (eg England will be disabled for second nationality if chosen for first).
- Split view action zones view menu will now always have the current view displayed 'ticked'.
- Match strategy changes on the quick tactics panel will now have "Pending" next to them until they are actually active.
- Removed touchline instructions will now only be removed from the list of touchline instructions when they are no longer active.
- It is now possible to hide the Touchline Instructions panel when waiting for a quick substitution to be carried out.
- Added international qualifiers to screen flow competitions list.
- Team Award and Best Eleven screens remember the year selected when leaving the screen and coming back.
- Fixed bug where user is sometimes taken to classic pitch view instead of the previous TV view after confirming tactics.
- The released players list is now kept on the transfers panel when going back to the panel after viewing a player profile or other screens.
- Fixed problem where recently made touchline instructions are removed if they are made just after making tactical changes.
- Blank rows no longer appear on the backroom advice screen on the client.
- Forced continue timer now doesn't stop when a user changes screens.
- Fixed some network game issues when using custom editor data.
- Clubs removed from the database when creating a new game now get shown correctly on network clients when viewing staff history.
- Fixed issue where highlights are sometimes set to "Full Match" during network game matches.
- Newly created teams and competitions can now be set correctly in playing histories.
- Can now enable the "Capacity for All Seater Competitions" option for stadiums in the editor.
- Added "Cuts Inside" player preferred move to the editor.
- U21 and U19 national manager jobs now show up correctly.
- Adding new award histories now works correctly.
- Club legends added in the editor now show in game.
- Permanent flag can now be set on favourite and disliked person relationships.
- Can now set a stadium for a Super Cup match.
- Sorting players by position now sorts from Gks to Strikers instead of alphabetically.
- Retiring a player in the editor now removes him properly from his club.
- Group stage cups now work if only 1 group is set.
- Club maximum age field can now be edited.
- Future transfers added in the editor are now included in the checks for retaining people at the start of the game.
- Descriptions table now added to the editor.
- Can now set negative non player potential abilities.
- Fixed issue where players with edited history would have their pre-game history cleared after the second time the game is saved then loaded.
- Super cups now start in the second season if no teams are found in competition history for the first season.
- Raised number of database records shown in list boxes from 1000 to 50000.
- Adding a B club to a club now copies the colours over from the main club.
- Minimum Percentage Of Games Played field in an award record can now be enabled correctly.
- Added missing MLS player variables to the editor.
- The editor will automatically use the same user data folder, if this has been changed in the preferences in the game.
- Can now set player homegrown at club/in nation status in editor.
- Fixed league scheduling issue where an Easter Monday matchday is scheduled next to a Tuesday matchday.
- Teams qualifying for the Final of the Caribbean Championship no longer get asked to pick a new squad for the match.
- Fixed U21/U20/U19 international applications.
- Host nation of World Cup now needs to be from a confederation which hasn't hosted it in the last 2 tournaments.
- Fixed international squad announcement news item reporting player as being 'left out of the previous squad' when he was called up to the last squad as a replacement.
- New European Championship 2012 qualifying format and correct seedings implemented.
- Fixed bug where top 6 teams from U19 Euro Champs were sometimes not qualifying for the U20 World Cup.
- AFC Cup now uses 7 subs instead of 9.
- Some prize money changes for the Champions League.
- Small fix done for calculation of European club/nation coefficients.
- European competition prize money updated.
- Vaduz can now qualify to the Europa League through the Liechtenstein Cup.
- Bottom two Argentine Second Division teams in the average points table are now automatically relegated.
- One less round of fixtures used for the Australian youth league.
- Removed rule that Belgian teams in Division 1 and Division 2 need to select 2 U21 players in their matchday squad.
- Added undersoil heating requirement for Belgian Division 1 teams.
- Fixed some squad rules issues to do with non EU players.
- Fixed incorrect teams taking part in the Chilean First Division Closing Stage Knockout phase.
- China trial day now occurs during the transfer window.
- Players from Cotonou nations now need work permits to play in Denmark.
- Some missing teams added to 2009 Danish Cup.
- Fixed missing prize money for Semi Finalists and Runner Up of English League Cup
- Fixed Greek Superleague TV revenue distribution.
- Adjusted Hong Kong's continental competition qualifiers (League Winner and Senior Challenge Cup winner qualify).
- Stopped friendlies being scheduled after the start of the season.
- Norwegian Premier playoff semi final now is one leg.
- Added Norwegian Super Final
- Fixed Northern Irish Premier Division league match being rearranged due to a Reserve team fixture.
- Fixed Northern Ireland Premier Division number of subs named changing after league split.
- Three from Five subs for Steel & Sons Cup and County Antrim Shield.
- Trial players are not allowed to play in competitive matches.
- Can now arrange friendlies for Romanian teams during the winter break.
- Fixed Russian Premier League fixtures and World Cup Qualifying fixture clashing in March 2009
- Both Scottish Cup semi finals are now played at Hampden.
- Correct prize money figures for semi final and final.
- Fixed winning the K-League Championship Playoff not being regarded as winning the title in some places (e.g. board confidence).
- Fixed Swiss Cup seedings for 1st two rounds.
- US Development League teams no longer keep hold of too many players.
- US Open Cup winner now qualify for the North American Champions League.
- Replacing a draft allocation with a different draft allocation on the transfer offer screen now correctly sets it as a new proposal.
- The Superdraft and Waiver Draft dates now appear in the league schedule.
- Contracts in the MLS now finish in december.
- Removed budget adjustment from the board room screen as MLS clubs aren't allowed to make any adjustments to their budgets.
- MLS teams can no longer offer loan wages over the maximum non Designated player limit.
- Improved AI squad management in the MLS.
- Added animation for player placing ball at set piece
- Fixed missing kick animations when players send ball to set piece taker or centre circle for kick off
- Added "Runs Past Opponent" to the match graphical analysis tool.
- Fixed some various small issues with tracking of certain type of passes and crosses.
- Added team talk option to the quick sub dialog.
- Couple of fixes to make player reactions to certain deflections more realistic
- Change to interpretation of what should be added to the tackle count
- Encourage first time finish when ball comes to player at pace close to opposition goal
- Reworked defensive positioning at direct free kicks to a more zonal based type
- Further fix to prevent rash decisions to leave ball to keeper
- Small fix to make extra sure players look to intercept balls coming towards them
- Tweak to make sure defending team players continue to mark ball player until it is clearly pointless
- Make players get a little tighter to ball player when possible ( slightly more so when asked to mark tight )
- Allow players to drop back a little further to mark opponents when required and not logical to push D-line up
- Made more limited players who are playing higher tempo, more direct style a little more simplistic and direct in terms of on ball decisions
- Tweak to willingness to shoot long, try to make poor decision, vision or composure players rush into it more
- Cut down slightly on very wayward but not too difficult passes
- Slight tweak to ad hoarding positions
- Fixed bug where substituted player doesnt get full condition boost at end of match
- Further tweak to player willingness to make tackle as long as not on easy tackling
- Made players a little tighter still on ball player
- Small tweak to first touch AI
- Slight increase in accuracy of simple passes and shots
- Adjusted tracking of run distance stat
- Fixed players not putting ball out when keeper injured
- Introduced concept of players chasing own header as a means to get ball under control
- Tried to make players quicker to close down pass receiver
- Further tweak to positioning of player marking opponent with ball, including accounting for opponent's pace advantage if applicable
- Slight increase on keepers effectiveness against power shots
- Fixed player set to mark "tall player" at set piece following him out of the danger area
- Fixed players dithering over whether to let ball run out or not
- Minor tweak to accuracy of passes and shots on weak foot