Football Manager 2014 Steam Workshop is now live!
The following official items are available for download:
- Official Dark Skin for Football Manager 2014 full simulation mode.
- 5 New Challenges for Football Manager Classic.
- Max Rushden player editor data file and player photo.
You can access this in game by going to Downloads on the Start Screen, or from the FM Menu button -> Downloads. Select the Steam Workshop tab.
How to download FM14 files from Steam WorkshopOnce you are on the Steam Workshop screen in-game, then click on "Download add-ons directly from Steam"
This will take you to the Football Manager Workshop. Simply select an item and then "Subscribe" to download into your game.
Alternatively, you can access this on your web browser by using this address.
How to publish FM14 files to Steam WorkshopOnce you are on the Steam Workshop screen in-game, you'll see 3 smaller tabs "Subscribed", "In-Game" and "Published".
Go to the "In-Game" tab and you'll see all files that exist in your user data folder directions which you can publish.
Click on one and then on the green "Publish" button to the right sidebar. And follow the steps.
A few rules to go by before start uploading any files
These rules are originally posted on garrysmod.com.
- Do not upload multi-part addons. What this means is that if your addon won't fit in a single addon - do not upload it.
- Avoid requiring other addons. In some cases this is permissable - like if it's an addon for a gamemode. But making a weapon that requires another weapon to function is not allowed. If your addon does require another addon - it shouldn't error if that addon isn't present. It should just do nothing. Erroring addons get removed - even if it is user error.
- Avoid uploading packs - unless they're all your work. A pack of your maps is fine. A pack of maps you found that you think are cool is not fine. A pack of your weapons are fine. A pack of cool weapons you downloaded is not fine.
- Make an effort with the thumb - addons with blank or irrelevant thumbnails get banned. If you can't be bothered to make an icon for it then don't bother uploading it.
What FM14 files can be published to Steam Workshop?All files in your user data foldder directories can be published. These are:
- League & Data Updates
- Match Plans
- Versus Mode Teams
- Custom Database Options