? DONATE TO EUGENE
IMPORTANT: As the public edition of Genie Scout 16 is not yet available, you can find your unique ID from an older version such as GS15.
I have just donated, what happens now?After the donation you will receive an e-mail with the link to download Genie Scout 16g and a key.g16 file (the key file might arrive in a separate email).
That email will also say that you should receive your key within the hour, but there's a chance it can take up to 24 hours.
If you have a question or a problem regarding your donation, please send Eugene an email and he will help you: genie AT fmscout DOT com
Current statusBeta 6 build 606 was released on 11 November.
First beta 1 build 601 was made available on 29 October.
What's new in GS16
In-Game ScoutThe highlight in Genie Scout 16g is what we like to call IGS. In-Game Scout (IGS) is a brand new feature of Genie Scout 16g that brings GS usability to a whole new level. Clicking the (i) icon next to player's name in-game normally shows up a pop-up box with his attributes and some quick details. With IGS enabled, this pop-up box is enhanced with many added insights, including potential skills and rating. You no longer need to switch to the GS window to check on hidden attributes or potential ability.
Rating SystemComplete revamp of rating system according to recent FM tendencies. Based on deep player development history analysis using big data techniques and statistics (collected data from over 15 years of game history on over 100k players and over 54k matches from top-12 leagues), the following changes have been made:
- re-assessed the influence of one-foot vs both-feet playing ability on overall rating (a player who can use both feet performs better than a player who can only use one foot with the same attributes)
- skills dependency on current ability has been thoroughly investigated, which makes potential rating assessment much more accurate
- peak (max possible) potential ability has been investigated (what CA can be reached depending on the current age and position)
- position skill influence on player performance (inability to play on a specific position doesn't affect performance significantly now if player has high skills required for the position)
- role ratings improved based on FM16 suggestions
- positional ratings adjusted based on FM16 suggestions and on the statistical analysis of collected matches history
Probability Of DevelopmentProbability of development statistical model has been updated, and it can now assess more accurately whether a player will reach his potential ability or not.
Progress RateProgress Rate statistical model re-developed from scratch; more stars means faster progress will be made withing the coming couple of years.
CompatibilityCurrent build 603 is compatible with FM 16.0.2 (current).
It should work on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
It's not compatible with Mac or Linux at all.
Known Issues and WorkaroundsWith current build it's not possible to read correctly:
- Sale value for players
- trying to load a game without having FM16 open with save loaded
- trying to load a game that is new and not saved yet in FM16
- Run FMGenieScout.exe as administrator.
- Make sure to have FM16 open and a game loaded there.
- Make sure to have your game saved before trying to load it in GS16g.
- Close FM and re-open it, then try load game again.
Eugene will always aim to fix more issues with new builds.
Differences between the public edition and the 'g' edition
The 'g' edition has no advertisements and a few extra features.
- In-Game Scout is a brand new feature of Genie Scout 16g that brings GS usability to a whole new level.
- A statistically based model that will show the probability of reaching theoretical maximum of players ability
- Progress Rate - shows the predicted speed of player's development, depending on his ambition, determination, professionalism etc
- Support for facepacks - if you have custom facepack added to your FM, it should show on player profiles on GS
- Top players lists, as you can see on the screenshot here:
Where to find my Genie Scout Unique ID?
You can find your Unique ID in GS11, GS12, GS13, GS14 or GS15.
- Once you open GS, click the big circular icon to the top left corner that should open the main menu.
- Go to 'Help' and then find & click 'Donate' to the right column that slides next to it.
- A popup window will come up, you need to copy the Unique ID.
I donated but I haven't received my 'g' edition yet! Why???
The process is almost fully automated.
There is a chance of delay for the delivery of your download link and key file, but shouldn't take more than 24 hours.
Please remember Eugene is handling all donations and their processing on his own. He is a married man with 2 little kids, so keep that in mind if you panic or feel frustrated for a possible delay.
What to do with the key.g16 file I received in the email?
In order to make GS work properly, you have to place this file into FM Genie Scout 16g directory (by default 'C:\FM Genie Scout 16g').
The key-file is linked to your PC configuration via Unique ID you provided to Eugene when donating. If your Unique ID changes (due to PC configuration change, or re-installing of OS), all data in the "g" edition of your FM Genie Scout will be distorted. In that case you need to send Eugene your new Unique ID, and he'll provide you with a new key-file.
At any case, do not try to open this file. All you need to do is place it in the correct folder.
Can I use the key file to another computer?
No, Unique ID is actually unique per computer. So you'd have to ask Eugene to provide you with more keys, given that you send him all your Unique IDs. You don't need to donate again for that.
I donated for GS15g. Do I have to donate for GS16g again?
Yes. Donations go directly to Eugene (GS author) and he needs your support every year to keep producing Genie Scout. If you don't want to donate, you can wait for the public version.
Do not use this topic to report bugs!