This has been happening to me for two editions of the scout now. I look for, say, a 17 y.o. striker with a high PA. I stumble upon an immense find, search him in-game, and...he's nowhere. Now say he plays for Arsenal. I look on Arsenal's team sheet, then their reserves, and finally their U-18s. He's nowhere. Sometimes he apparently plays for MY club, but I KNOW I don't have a player by that name, and when I double check to find him, he doesn't exist.
What is this supposed to be, anyway?
Basically genie (and other scout apps.) sometimes have the wrong name. The player exists but under a different name. When you click on the player on genie at the top of the screen/window you'll see a different name to that listed, that is the name you'll find him under in the actual game.
They go under diff names eg in genie his name might be paolo maradonna but in Fm his name will be Ivan or Rico etc, use ur genie to find out which clubs they are in and note their Physical attributes, height, age , you should be able to identify them easier that way.
It's not a bug of Genie, it's a bug of the game. It happens with other utilities as well. For example, in FM Assistant we tried to filter them out during beta testing; I believe we did a good job there.