Is there any way of configuring the filters to select players that qualify under the home grown rule? Ran into a spot of bother on my Darlington save where upon promotion to the football league I was unable to field a team for my first game as I had an entire squad of EU nationals (though not British). I wasn't aware that this rule existed or that it did not apply in the conference.
no you cant change this rule during the game or otherwise. except when creating a new league. but i suppose you could through FMRTE fix that your players are home grown.
Found a way of doing this (sort of).
1) Use FMGenie to create a list of all free transfers over a fixed potential (or current) rating eg. 65%
2) Save the list as a shortlist
3) Import the shortlist into FM2012
4) Set the exclude unrealistic transfers option to get rid of time-wasters
5) Under the Attributes list add "home-grown status"
6) Export back to FMGenie
Using this method I am able to see which "home-grown" free transfers are likely to join my club.
Tyrone Loran (DRC) is utterly awesome at the start and will happily play in the BSP for £1000/wk. Also Enzo Scorza makes Ahmed Soukouna look bad.