January - February
Capital One Cup Final
The fairytale continues for Roberto Martinez and Liverpool. A unbeaten two month besides a loss against Premier League Champions Arsenal. Great 3 goal wins against Man United and Chelsea topped of a great start to 2014. Liverpool are now through to the 2nd knockour round of the Euro Cup against Dynamo Kiev and will face either Wigan or Swansea in the sixth round of the FA Cup. Liverpool are now storming the league as Chelsea had a series of slip ups against weak opposition and a loss against Liverpool themselves. Luis Suarez is proving why he should be picked infront of Min and Tevez with his great goalscoring record in the league. Skrtel is showing he is a rock at the back and Gerrard and El Shaarawy are showing their ability to set up goals.
New Signings Notes
- 7 games so far, 3 from the bench, and he has scored 3 goals and one assist. Including a very important goal against former club and North West rivals Man United.
- Also 7 games, 4 from the bench, has shown his finishing ability with 4 goals and 3 assists. A great start.
- 10 games so far, 5 from the bench, not the best record on paper with 1 goal and 2 assists but with other playmakers in the side such as Captain Gerrard it is hard to get assists and play in his general position. However, his average rating has been good and he looks a great buy.
- Only the 8 games for him as 10 or so games in 2014 have been played with 3 at the back, he has been very impressive defensively and has even got himself a assist.
- In Martinez's opinion the best buy of the lot, despite his young age he has been very impressive and has shown mature performances. 12 games of date with a 7.76 average rating.