This update fixes crash issues and other bugs reported by users in FM18 Beta version 18.0.1.
More specifically, it includes the following changes:
- Stability fixes
- Added new preference for "data language", allowing you to have game text in one language, and the in-game data in another language
- Added zoom functionality to 2D Classic
- Improved pitch lighting in 2D Classic
- Improvements to game speed and fluidity
- Enabled Online Career and Fantasy Draft modes
Released: 31 October 2017
As usual the update is save game compatible, so you don't have to start a new save game.
To update you will need to close down Football Manager 2018 (or Football Manager Touch 2018) and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
List of changesGAME MODES
- Steam Workshop disabled
GRAPHICS & UI
- Generated player & staff portraits disabled
- Launch may hang on a white screen
- Game may hang on black screen after splash screens
- Text on Retina Mac display not sharp
- Processing panel can occasionally appear blank
- Fixtures can occasionally overlap on processing panel
- Social feed can bleed if scrolling
- Default attacking corner routines lacking variation
- Some red & checkered flags showing in crowd
- Camera height can reset on game reboot
- Unable to disable in-match condition icon
- Slowness in Commentary Only
- AI sometimes offer £0 for a player offered to clubs with an asking price
- Too many loan rumours in the social feed
- Player can incorrectly receive Dynamics boost due to incorrectly registered international appearance
- Assistant may not arrange youth team friendlies when instructed to do so if there are no competitive matches
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official Pre-Release Beta 18.0.2 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).