This update fixes crash issues and other bugs reported by users in FM18 Beta version 18.0.2.
As with the original Early Access Beta, this update contains no Pre-Game or In-Game Editor, the generated player & staff portraits are still disabled and no there's Steam Workshop. These will all be made available on the full release of the game on November 10th.
Released: 31 October 2017
As usual the update is save game compatible, so you don't have to start a new save game for the bug fixes to take effect.
You will need to close down Football Manager 2018 and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated, you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
List of changesStability and Tech
- Further stability fixes
- Improvements to slowdown and lag found in game
- In-match sounds now play across entire match and in commentary only mode
- Removal of incorrect Hz setting within display preferences
Graphics and UI
- Fixes to Retina Mac
- Fix to white screen appearing on launch
- Processing panel now appears with correct information
- Fixtures on the processing panel no longer overlapping other text
- Pitch image used in news and inbox items now appearing correctly
- Social feed and inbox items appearing correctly when scrolling
- Added condition & match sharpness numerical values to match tactics screen
- Improved Set Piece default settings, AI and Positioning
- Ball Visibility / Change Ball Option now available
- Director Camera Tweaks
- Improvements to match display in low settings
- Fixed players figures appearing all in black incorrectly
- Fixed score divergence in hotseat matches
- Tweaked Additional Time Level
- Goalkeepers not wearing outfield kits
- Show/disable condition option now working in matches
- Red chequered flags no longer appearing
- Scouting reports no longer showing minus days
- Cancel scouting assignment working correctly when used on scouted player
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official Pre-Release Beta 18.0.3 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).