It does exactly what the Team Instructions ask.
Out of possession it is gegenpress, but in possession its holds the ball and slows tempo.
It's safe in possession with good off the ball movements. The Attacking Mids are aggressive.
If anything, Black Echo is a less direct tactic, which is uncommon for Knap on this Match Engine version. However, the "pass into space" having a DLP, it still takes lots of risk in possession.
Solid defensively, won't concede many goals.
There was originally a 4141 system. Updated to this when the AMC roles became OP.
You can use Black Echo alongside Tequila Sunrise.
What's included in the BLACK ECHO Bundle of FM20 TacticsYou will find 11 variations of Black Echo Tactics inside this bundle. They all apply to 20.3-20.4 Match Engine versions, but should work well on 20.4.
- 20.3BLACK ECHO 442 P100
- 20.3BLACK ECHO 442 WEST HAM P92 RDF TWEAKS
- 20.4BLACK ECHO 4141 P100 FA CC
- 20.4BLACK ECHO 4231 P109 FA CC
- 20.4.0BLACK ECHO 4321 OXFORD P105 ALL CUPS
- 20.4BLACK ECHO 4411 P108 EC CC
- 20.3BLACK ECHO 4411 VOL 3 EC FA
- 20.3BLACK ECHO VOL 3 P101 FA CC
- 20.3BLACK ECHO VOL2 442 P102 FA CC
- 20.4.1BLACK ECHO VOL 2 4321 OXFORD P108 ALL CUPS
- 20.4BLACK ECHO 4321 OX P105 ALL CUPS
Black Echo should be more suitable to an underdog team, because it's slow tempo and safer in possession.
CreditsMost of the text above is written by Rober and RDF Tactics. They are the driving force behind our effort to bring you Knap Tactics in a way that does justice to his work.
At the same time we aim to making it easier for the community to familiarize with all the different variations and the relevant sets, because keeping up with his creations and figuring out all the what / where / why can be overwhelming.
Thanks to Knap for the kind permission to share his work on FM Scout.