It is the third year in a row that we get the winter transfers data in 2 parts instead of 1, so it's likely this approach will be the norm going forward.
Deals that happened in China, Russia, MLS, as well as free transfers in the EFL are included in this Update.
A gameplay patch containing fixes and improvements across multiple areas of the game is also included in this Update. These fixes will work in your existing saves.
Date Released: March 24th, 2021
File size: 519MB
The Final Winter Update for Football Manager 2022 is now complete, with this second part covering transfers from windows that closed during February, database updates and a few outstanding gameplay fixes.
This Update is now live on FM22 (PC/Mac/Xbox Game Pass for PC), FM22 Xbox Edition (Console/PC/Game Pass) and FM22 Touch (Nintendo Switch). The FM22 Mobile (iOS/Android) one will arrive in a few days.
22.4 List of Changes- Data Updates including transfer windows closing end of February
- Stability and crash fixes
- Addressed issue where Pre-Game Editor may not launch correctly on Windows Store/Game Pass
- Fix to allow user to change manager player picture
- Tweaks for AI loan offers, meaning less zero amount contributions
- Various network connectivity improvements for online modes
- Fix for keyboard shortcut settings in preferences
- Number of competition tweaks and updates, including 2022 promotion/relegation updates for a number of leagues outside of standard European calendar
- Multiple gameplay and database changes to reflect the current geopolitical situation
Here's what the last bullet means in a nutshell:
- league still fully playable
- players will be treated as EU nationals for 3 seasons
- clubs can't compete in EU competitions
- national team can't take part in international tournaments
- likely gets a new owner during 1st season & that removes the sanctions
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official FM22 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).