Iron Curtain database fully recreates the footballing world for anyone nostalgic about 3 foreign players rule which is re implemented throughout Europe. Western clubs won't replenish their squads with cheap Yugoslavs, Czechoslovaks, Pollocks, Hungarians... as they are all making their leagues national priority and they won't let anyone out of country until they are close to their 30's in search for football glory and communist superiority over decadent west.
Recreate legendary rivalries with eastern European countries in all international tournaments from u19, through World Cup and Olympic games.
Database SpecificsNations added:
- Soviet Union
- East Germany
- Soviet down to 2nd level
- Yugoslav down to 6th tier
- Czechoslovak to 3rd level
- East German to 3rd level
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
- Soviet Cup
- Kup Maršala Tita
- Československy pohar vo futbole
- Incredibly long named Eastern Germany cup of workers' unions
Many, many more in more than 100k changes to original DB include all eastern European players under age of 28 back to their original clubs bolstering domestic competitions.
How to add Iron Curtain database on FM16
- Extract the downloaded .7z file using 7-zip for Windows or The Unarchiver for Mac OS X.
- Move the extracted .fmf to the following location:
Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2016 / editor data
Create the "editor data" folder if it doesn't exist.
- Open FM 2016 and start a new save-game with this database selected.