IMPORTANT - Default is set to BALANCED mentality. Change it to POSITIVE for games you expect to win.
IMPORTANT - Certain Player Instructions are missing from the Download. Main one is AP:A should have 'Get Further Forward clicked and both WB and FB should have take less risks clicked.
Tactical video to accompany Scholes Can't Tackle strategy for Football Manager 2019 by The_Reckonist.
This is a system with VERY SPECIFIC player types needed which are listed below.
What to expect from the SCT FM19 tactic:
- Possession based tactic with enough risk/reward to play on any occasion and at all levels of football.
- Gives room for all types of Passes from creative players and not limit them to forced short passes.
- Strangles opponents in Centre Midfield.
- Protection from 4-4-2 and Direct playing systems with a Defensive midfield screen.
- Massively reduced threat from “Clear Ball to Flanks” opponents taking advantage of out of position Wing Backs.
- Pressures Opponents high up the pitch.
- A forward line that can fit any type of player and can be altered to suit your side.
- Unpredictable movement by forward line making it hard to mark.
This whole system is designed to remain defensively sound, have enough possession to achievement dominance and have incisive attacking passes creating high quality chances in high % conversion zones and to fit all clubs based on current squad and player trends.
- High Pass completion in the Midfield (Average of 85%).
- Perfect possession ratio of between 55% and 60% (any more is too much and risks counter attacks).
- Defensively sound. Main danger is from Individual errors, Long Shots of quality and Set Pieces.
- Football which is pleasing to look at and get results against teams of similar and lower quality.
Team Makeup: It is very role dependent however, the primary skills for most of the roles are good ratings on Composure, Concentration, Technique, First Touch, Teamwork, Passing and Decisions. A high rating for your league on these attributes will favor you greatly.
Key Attributes and Suitable Traits for each roleI know you're not able to click your fingers and buy Toni Kroos for your team but 'try' to get players who fit the roles with at least one of the required PPM's in each position and have them learn the missing ones as soon as possible if they are able. I have also included the in-game archetype showing you exactly the type of players you should be imagining for each position.
(Stats)- First Touch, Composure, Rushing Out.
Archetype: Ederson, Manuel Neuer, Marc-André ter Stegen, Victor Valdez
WBS/FBA: Get forward Whenever Possible, Sticks to (correct) Side of pitch when dribbling.
-Natural Fitness, Stamina, Pace, Acceleration, Teamwork, Work rate.
Archetype: Djibril Sidibé, Hector Bellerín, Cafu, Patrice Evra
BPD: Likes to Switch Ball To Opposite Flank, Bring Ball out of Defence
-Composure, Passing, Concentration, Decisions
Archetype: Gerard Piqué, Laurent Blanc, Rio Ferdinand
DM/HB/DL:D: Stays back at all times. Plays no through balls (Ideal PPM's yet not essential)
-Decisions, Anticipation, Teamwork, Composure, First Touch, Positioning, Passing.
Archetype: Sergio Busquets, Michael Carrick, Nemanja Matic. Leander Dendoncker
APS: Comes Deep to get ball, Plays One-Twos, Tries Killer Balls Often
-Composure, First Touch, Passing, Creativity, Anticipation, Vision
Archetype: Xavi, Paul Scholes, Toni Kroos, Ruben Neves
APA: Moves Into Channels, Plays One-Twos, Arrives Late in Area, Tries killer balls often.
-Composure, First Touch, Passing, Creativity, Anticipation, Off the ball, Work Rate, Vision
Archetype: Andrés Iniesta, Deli Ali, Joao Moutinho
WGA: Dribble down Right Flank, Knocks Ball Past Opponent, Hugs Touchline
- Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Flair, Crossing.
Archetype: Sadio Mane, Kingsley Coman, Ousmane Dembele, Adama Traore
IFS or WG:S: Moves into Channels, Runs with ball often, Cuts Inside with Ball.
-Dribbling, Off the ball, Flair, Agility, Acceleration, Anticipation
Archetype: Antoine Griezmann, Arjen Robben, Dries Mertens.
PFA/TM:S I urge you to experiment!: Plays with Back to Goal, Plays One-Twos, Often Moves Into Channels, Comes Deep To Get Ball
-Balance, Agility, Off The Ball, Passing, Dribbling, Teamwork, Anticipation, Stamina, Work Rate
Archetype: Robert Lewandowski, Paulo Dybala, Diego Costa
Remember, the above list is the IDEAL and you should aim for one or two of the player traits at 'weaker' teams.
- Overlap and play wider if you are struggling to unlock a defense.
- Play BALANCED if against a stronger team.
- If you find yourself having 'too much' possession and struggling to score, have the team Express Themselves more.
- If the other team is camping on their 18 yard line blocking shot after shot, SLOW DOWN the play. Draw them out of position and make one good chance.
Set Pieces: I have left Set Pieces blank as they depend entirely on your teams make up. However I will say that you should take advantage of the fact you will have great technical players and consider short corners, free kicks and throw ins.
AI Managers: Of course the AI will adapt to all tactics over time. Always have a plan B ready when you see this happening.