Box transparency and the Background Selector are removed from the skin this year.
However, if you want them, there's a second version of the skin called "YACS T" which you can select.
Last Updated on March 27th - Version 1.0.1
YACS FM20 Preview
Download YACS without attribute boxes
This should remove all boxes. You might want to pick new Attribute Colours in the Preferences as the standard colours are to dark without the boxes.
How to install the YACS FM20 skin
- Download the .zip archive and use a tool such as 7-zip for Windows or The Unarchiver for MacOSX to extract its contents. Avoid using WinRAR as it tends to corrupt files.
- Move the "YACS" and "YACS T" folders to your skins folder:
\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\skins\
- Run Football Manager 2020 and go to Preferences.
You should see "YACS” and "YACS T" as options in the skin drop down.
Hit the Confirm button.
If there is already a earlier version of YACS
1) Delete it and not just replace the content.
2) Right click on YACS_2020.7z and choose "7-Zip > Extract Here"
3) Inside FM: Open Preferences and select the skin. Clear Cache and Reload the skin.
4) For all changes to take effect, restart FM while YACS is selected as skin.
Additional Steps (optional)Since there are some technical issues with properties files.
0) Read the reason below this steps!
1) Find Location: "Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > skins > YACS > properties"
2) Right click on "league stage properties.7z" and choose "7-Zip > Extract Here"
3) Select the skin and then Restart FM for all effects to take place.
The reason for that:
FM will use the properties files of the skin that was selected on starting the game.
This means that changes i made to these files will not take effect until you select YACS as a skin and restart FM.
However this also means if you select a different skin and do not restart the changes i made will be still effecting that other skin, or vice versa.
There isn't much i can do about this but tell you.
This files, in this case, will change the League Table fonts to be a little thicker and colour some of them. If you don't want that, skip this altogether.
YACS FAQHow to get rid of the blurring effect when saving the game
Find and delete Line 24 inside: "YACS > panels > game > game processing panel.xml"
How to make the match stats panel a bit wider on the in between highlights screen
Locate: "YACS > panels > match > match in between highlights panel.xml"
Play around with line 6 : "<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-4,-5,-4" offset="0" />"
-4,-5,-4 is what you want to change. Try something like -5,-5,-5
Skin CreditsThis amazing skin is created by bossland and shared here with his kind permission.
You can find him on SI forums.