? DONATE TO EUGENE
I have just donated, what happens now?After the donation you will receive an e-mail with the link to download Genie Scout 15g and a key.g15 file (the key file might arrive in a separate email).
That email will also say that you should receive your key within 24 hours. Normally you will receive it faster than that.
If you have a question or a problem regarding your donation, please send Eugene an email and he will help you: genie AT fmscout DOT com
Current statusReleased beta 13 build 514 on 9 April 2015.
First beta 1 build 502 was made available on 27 October.
What's new in GS15The biggest change is the update of roles and duties (91 available in total), as well as the update of the rating system according to the important attributes for each role which have changed for FM15.
CompatibilityCurrent build 514 is compatible with FM 15.3.2 (current).
It should work on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
It's not compatible with Mac or Linux at all.
Known Issues and WorkaroundsWith current build it's not possible to read correctly:
- Sale value for players
- trying to load a game without having FM15 open with save loaded
- trying to load a game that is new and not saved yet in FM15
- Run FMGenieScout.exe as administrator.
- Make sure to have FM15 open and a game loaded there.
- Make sure to have your game saved before trying to load it in GS15g.
- Close FM and re-open it, then try load game again.
Eugene will always aim to fix more issues with new builds.
Differences between the public edition and the 'g' edition
The 'g' edition has no advertisements and a few extra features.
- A statistically based model that will show the probability of reaching theoretical maximum of players ability
- Progress Rate - shows the predicted speed of player's development, depending on his ambition, determination, professionalism etc
- Support for facepacks - if you have custom facepack added to your FM, it should show on player profiles on GS
- Top players lists, as you can see on the screenshot here:
Where to find my Genie Scout Unique ID?
You can find your Unique ID in GS11, GS12, GS13 or GS14.
- Once you open GS, click the big circular icon to the top left corner that should open the main menu.
- Go to 'Help' and then find & click 'Donate' to the right column that slides next to it.
- A popup window will come up, you need to copy the Unique ID.
I donated but I haven't received my 'g' edition yet! Why???
The process is almost fully automated.
There is a chance of delay for the delivery of your download link and key file, but shouldn't take more than 24 hours.
Please remember Eugene is handling all donations and their processing on his own. He is a married man with a little daughter and a newborn son, so keep that in mind if you panic or feel frustrated for a possible delay.
What to do with the key.g15 file I received in the email?
In order to make GS work properly, you have to place this file into FM Genie Scout 15g directory (by default 'C:\FM Genie Scout 15g').
The key-file is linked to your PC configuration via Unique ID you provided to Eugene when donating. If your Unique ID changes (due to PC configuration change, or re-installing of OS), all data in the "g" edition of your FM Genie Scout will be distorted. In that case you need to send Eugene your new Unique ID, and he'll provide you with a new key-file.
At any case, do not try to open this file. All you need to do is place it in the correct folder.
Can I use the key file to another computer?
No, Unique ID is actually unique per computer. So you'd have to ask Eugene to provide you with more keys, given that you send him all your Unique IDs. You don't need to donate again for that.
I donated for GS14g. Do I have to donate for GS15g again?
Yes. Donations go directly to Eugene (GS author) and he needs your support every year to keep producing Genie Scout. If you don't want to donate, you can wait for the public version.
Do not use this topic to report bugs!