The format of the AFC Champions League is modified and expanded to mirror the UEFA Champions League with qualifying, playoff rounds, a group stage of 32 teams and knockout rounds.
All league winners in the continent qualify for this competition. The qualification places are sorted based on the divisions’ reputation. Leagues with higher reputation have more than one club qualify (best placed teams). The winner of this competition qualifies automatically for the next year’s group stage. The prize money is significantly increased to minimize the difference with European competitions.
The format of the AFC Cup is modified and expanded to mirror the UEFA Europa League with qualifying, playoff rounds, a group stage of 48 teams and knockout rounds. The losers of qualifying & playoff rounds & the 3rd place clubs from the group stage of the AFC Champions League enter this competition.
The winners of the main domestic cup of each nation qualify for this competition. Leagues with higher reputation have more than one club qualify (next best placed teams). The winner of this competition qualifies automatically for the next year’s AFC Champions League group stage. The prize money is also significantly increased.
Regional Club Competitions
The losers of the qualifying & playoff rounds of the AFC Cup enter the competitions. If there are none, the next best placed clubs qualify. Some nations also have the league cup winners that qualify. The regional club competitions are : -
- EAFF Champions Cup : For clubs from East Asian nations
- WAFF Challenge Trophy : For clubs from West Asian nations
- AFF Super League : For clubs from Southeast Asian nations
- CAFA Club Cup : For clubs from Central Asian nations
- SAFF Club Cup : For clubs from South Asian nations
AFC Super Cup
The winners of the AFC Champions League, AFC Cup and all 5 regional club competitions qualify for AFC Super Cup which is held at neutral venues at the start of every year.
Notes : -
- Australian clubs will not participate in AFC competitions as I’ve decided to move Australia back to Oceania
- The qualification places are sorted based on the divisions’ reputation which I’ve edited to match the latest AFC Club Competition Ranking. The reputation changes every year by default so theoretically, leagues ranking are dynamic which means the qualification places of a nation could be changed each year.
- However, after years of test simulation in game, I’ve noticed that the leagues’ and cups’ reputation in the continent remains unchanged whereas in Europe where I’ve not edited the leagues’ reputation, the divisons’ and cups’ reputation change each year.
- This is a known issue that has been reported a few times before in the previous FMs and I’ve considered it as a bug.
Enjoy the custom files and your feedbacks are much appreciated.
1. Download the file and extract the compressed file
2. Move all the .fmf files to the editor data folder
By default : C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\editor data
3. Launch Football Manager 2020
4. In the custom database option, select “NBL Continental Comps - Asia”
5. Start the game and enjoy!