Watch In-Depth video to understand every instruction
NOTE - PEOPLE WILL DISAGREE WITH SOME OF THE ROLES, THAT'S A GIVEN.
IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND WHY I SELECTED EVERYTHING, WATCHING THE VIDEO IS A MUST RATHER THAN LOOKING AT THE SCREENSHOT OF TACTIC AS YOU WILL HAVE LITTLE IDEA.
- His referred system at R. Madrid is the 4-3-3 formation
- Ancelotti has a very fluid approach, but when the favourite he understands that he must take the initiative in matches. He doesn’t believe any single footballing philosophy is the “right way” to play.
- Intelligently seeking opportunities for the high press. Looks for pressing triggers, such as a negative pass, poor body orientation of the first attacker or a deep opponent facing goal with only risky options at his disposal.
- A combination of high and wide overloads with clever runs into the box, especially from the wide forwards and more advanced midfielders.
- In transitional attacks, Ancelotti’s Real Madrid side look for counterattacking through the wingers.
- Most touches inside the penalty box (25.28 per 90)
- 2nd most 1vs1 dribbles attempted (30.69 per 90) largely thanks to Vinicius Junior attempting just over 10 dribbles per 90
- PPDA at 11.37, higher than leagues, average at 10.43
- The least ball loses in LaLiga with just 75.94 ball loses (good in possession)
- Highest passing rate in league with 16.7 Passes per minute of possession