As a result there are certain files within the FM17 installation folders that prevent you from managing the aforementioned national teams and also exclude real players showing up in their rosters.
Fixing this problem is as simple as deleting these files, but you will have to start a new save-game for the fix to take effect.
Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ football manager 2017 \ data \ db \ 1710 \ lnc \ all
[username] > library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > football manager 2017 > data > db > 1710 > lnc > all
Here you will find 5 files:
- greek name change.lnc
- korean name change.lnc
Update March 1st: New patch 17.3.0 added a new folder "1730". You need to follow the same steps for this folder as well.
Once you're done deleting the license files, start a new save game.
List of CorrectionsHere is the complete list of what gets unlocked:
- National teams of Germany and Japan become playable.
- Enable player pics for national teams of The Netherlands and France.
- Fix real name of Oliver Kahn (he's with nickname Jens Mustermann).
- Fix names for various Danish, Swedish and French competitions.
- Restore real players for the team Albirex Niigata (Singapore).
- Fix colors and names for various clubs, stadiums, cities in Asian countries.
You might be interested in our exclusive FM17 Real Names Fix, that will update competitions, clubs and awards with their real names.