This tactic is inspired by... 1934 and 1938 Italian World Cup winning coach Vittorio Pozzo's invention of the Defensive Full Back, Luigi Radice and Giovanni Trapattoni's Zona Mista (Zonal Marking), Massimiliano Allegri's use of the Wide Target Man (Mandžukić), Danny Bergara's use of 6ft 6" Kevin Francis as a Target Man with Stockport County 92-94, and my favourite player as a child Trevor Steven in Howard Kendalls mid 80's all conquering Everton <3
I didn't use the FM transfers update as it's better with Everton not too.
My season so far...
and I hardly ever win one of these...
Any advice or reccomended tweaks is more than welcome as I'm not tactical expert, thanks!
Main players/positions for this tactic are...
• Quick, good defensive, passing and crossing Full Backs, will train to attempt long passes and switch to opposite flanks, set too Defend duty so they cross from deep I do not want PPI's like gets further forward so I sold Baines and will sell Coleman. I signed Mario from Villareal £15m (£19m) and Barreca from Torino £12.5m (£13.5m).
• One Ball Playing Central Defender on stopper duty with PPI to be trained with attempt long passes and switch to opposite flanks, I signed the amazing De Ligt for £24m from Ajax. And his partner already at the club, Keane, a Central Defender on Cover as the tactic has a high line, he's quick and good defensively.
• In Midfield both at the club Tom Davies as a Segundo and Gueye as a Centre Midfielder Support. I will train Davies in Long Shots once his strength gets up a bit, and Get further Forward.
• Right Wing is favourite find from FM18, Javi Ontiveros, with a £10m buy out clause!! (Malaga), he's going to bomb down the right and cross for the WTM and TM...
• On the left is a Wide Target Man on Attack duty, the impressive (and right footed) Kevin Dolberg £29m (£34m) from Ajax, trained to cut inside and (hopefully) play with his back to goal.
• Up front is another Target Man on Attack duty, Petanga from Atalanta £14.75m
• Feeding off the two Target Men is an Attacking Midfielder, I want him to be quite stationery and surge in the box when necessary, and for this role as well known Everton have too many options, surprisingly Wayne Rooney has made the positon his own, with Gylfi Sigurðsson or Ross Barkley (got him to sign a new contract! :p) he can also play central mid I just need to improve his tackling.