The official data update patch arrived also on Mar 1st last year and the year before that.
Released: 1 March 2019
The Football Manager Winter Transfer Update for FM 2019 is now available for download via Steam.
The updated database aims to reflect all the latest transfer changes, updated attributes and also includes various fixes and improvements (see changelist below).
As always the update is save game compatible, but remember that in order to use the new database you’ll need to start a new save game.
This means that upon starting a new game, the latest database will be available with updated squads, managers and everything else which happened before the January window closed.
You will need to close down Football Manager 2019 and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated, you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn't do the trick, then verify the game cache will.
19.3 List of ChangesDATABASE
- Added database 19.3 to include winter transfer & data updates
- Fixed rare issue where some promises would incorrectly complete or cancel immediately after being made
- Happiness changes regarding players wanting new contract too frequently
- Travelling tweaks with regards to training schedules
- Fixed cases of certain facilities or youth levels not upgrading correctly
- Toned down the extent to which players pick up traits from methods outside of mentoring
- Tweaks to AI injury numbers
- Tweaks to training ratings
- Fixed case of FFP failure being reported incorrectly
- Continue Game Timeout fixes
- Various UI fixes
Various competition and rule group fixes including (but not limited to):
- French Ligue 1 prize money corrected
- English FA Cup 5th round replays scrapped from first season (18/19)
- Belgium Home grown issues addressed
- VAR changes for European competitions
- U23 only rule applied to Dutch Jong teams
- Danish leagues' substitutes rule corrected to "7 subs named, maximum 3 used"
- Can now play players registered for Portuguese senior teams in B Team 2nd tier games
- Italian title and relegation decider games being played simultaneously
- Italian Serie B expanded to 20 teams from 19/20 season
- Licensed Northern Ireland PIL fixtures corrected
- Greek National B Division Maximum foreign player rules corrected
Various Match Engine (version 1930) tweaks including (but not limited to):
- Fixed bug with keeper reach on some high shots
- Improved keeper reactions to free kick and penalty shots
- Fixed rare instances of keepers picking up back passes or not reacting to them
- Fixed keeper controlling ball then never moving to pick it up or kick it
- Removed a restriction on striker and creative attackers offering out ball
- Fixed incorrect offside example
- Fixed couple of issues related to VAR
- Adjusted attacking player marking when preventing GK distribution at goal kicks
- Adjusted marking of players coming short for throw-ins
- Fixed instances of central midfielders bunching close to ball
- Made players cross slightly earlier when possible
- Slight encouragement to pass ball forward more when optimal
- Fixed issue where player marking edge of area at set piece doesn't always engage ball player who receives it outside area
- Fine-tuned shot and pass accuracy
For any feedback in regards to this update, please use the official FM19 Feedback Thread (requires free membership on Sports Interactive forum).