FM21 Historic Managers
Every manager has a profile based on real life:
- Correct birthdate, birthplace, hair/skin color, languages spoken
- Liked/disliked clubs, relationships, career plans, based on real-life choices, players known, and clubs managed.
- Unique personalities: Temperamental or level-headed, controversial or quiet, loyal or club-hopping, etc.
- Attire tendencies: How likely they were to choose suits, casual, or tracksuits
- Gesture tendencies: Roaming the touchline, starting arguments, or sitting quietly
- Versatility added
- For long-term saves, all managers are around 50 or under
- Custom Club Vision, if applicable
Preferred formations:All managers have at least 1 preferred formation, based on their common or well-known tactics. If I could find info, there have been 2,3, and even 4 formations set.
- Set custom tactical tendencies according to their play style
- Set "Will use young players in low priority cup matches" to above 10, to create good rotation without sacrificing the game, and help develop their youth
- Set "Will make early tactical changes" to above 10, to create a good balance of tactical adjustments
- Set based on any information I could find about their tactical style
- Tactical Roles: Added for each manager I found info on.
- Tweaked some managers real-life tendencies to better fit the match engine and improve manager's results. (ex, one manager was repeatedly getting <15% win percentage, so tweaked and filled in knowledge gaps to become 40%+)
- Every manager is assigned to the club they won the most honours with or stayed the longest at. If that club was taken already, the 2nd best club was used, and so on.
- Current real-life managers have been replaced from their clubs. Most often, they are set as free agents now.
- Managers who are icons for a club were given long contracts: For example, Bob Paisley's contract for Liverpool is until 2040.
- National Teams: If they managed a national team, they were added as managers, or if already taken, assistants or managers of youth teams.
Maxed Attributes:Determination, Tactical Knowledge, Squad Rotation are maxed. This is to make better managers, and to help(slightly) the poor player development and rotation AI clubs have.
- Attack-oriented managers are better at coaching attacking and not defending. Defense-oriented managers are better at coaching defending and not attacking.
- Judging Player Data set to 1 (to prevent allocation of Current Ability on unused attributes, for non-analyst staff)
- Judging Team Data set to 1 (to prevent allocation of Current Ability on unused attributes, for non-analyst staff)
- Presenting Data set to 1 (to prevent allocation of Current Ability on unused attributes, for non-analyst staff)
- Goalkeeping coaching set to 1 for NON-GK coaches (to prevent allocation of Current Ability on attributes that would be poor and useless. ex: manager's GK at 6, now 1.)
Lower League Managers:Added or renewed 20 managers known to choose lower league clubs
Tip:There are far too many available managers in FM, especially when players start retiring and become managers. Therefore, many good quality managers go without jobs, both legendary and default ones. If you use an in-game editor, you can "retire" some lesser quality free-agent managers once a season. Make them very old, give them 1 Reputation and 1 CA/PA. That way the better managers will have jobs, and you will have more managers to do battle with!
Optional DownloadHistoric Managers Facepack by ID
Consider DonatingIf you like this creation, and wish to support the hours of work, you can donate below:
Donate via PayPal
Please know that it will be very appreciated, as everyone in my family have lost their jobs since March.
Place in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data folder.
Start a new save.
When selecting the database(before Advanced Setup), be sure to select the checkbox to enable this file.
1. Extract images to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\faces.
Overwrite any current images.
Download and install fmXML.
Open fmXML. Click Browse, and select the Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\faces folder. Select "All filenames are IDs". Press GO! Say Yes to overwriting the current config.xml file. This will add the agents faces, while keeping your previous downloaded facepacks.
2. Load your save, clear the cache, reload the skin.
If the faces don't match, you need to rename the files so they match the new Unique ID's. Use Bulk Rename Utility. in FM, go to Helenio Herrera. Find his ID# near his name. Then Use the Bulk Rename Utility. Remove section: First n = 10. Numbering section: Start = Helenio Herrera' in game ID#. At = 1. Select all ids starting with 20000etc. rename.
The order of the ID's will never change, so the order they're in now, is also the order they will be in afterwards. After renaming everything, use the fmXML tool to create a new config file. Then reload your skin in-game, and enjoy your new faces!