Welcome folks. Welcome to what I expect to be my final tactical upload of FM19. The development of the system is supported by my wonderful supporters on Patreon. Your support means the world to me. If you want early access to development of Tactics plus more benefits, follow the links at the end of this page!
This is a very brief guide because honestly, there is nothing taxing about this system at all.
This is how I saw it as I was making it. Get the Ball back. (High Press, High Line, Extreme Closing Down) Can we counter? (Pass into space, higher tempo, direct passing) Great. If not, build from the back. (Play from defence, Work Ball into box with high quality crosses.
And this is what we came up with.
The system is a no nonsense direct high press with an attacking default mentality and of which we have seen some fantastic results.
What to expect from the 442 high pressure tactic:
- Very High Pressure
- Forced and often hilarious defensive errors.
- Rapid Counter Attacks
- Decent amount of goals from Long Throws
- High Shots
- High Cross Completion
- High Goals
- PLENTY of fouls.
- You will concede one but you should get 3.
- Set Pieces other than throw ins not optimised.
Use this tactic on holidayBut, when you use it on manager holiday… You are going to be astonished with the performance.
We saw some crazy stuff when we just tested this over a season on Holiday.
By Holiday I mean;
- Get the best possible Assistant Manager. Pref with high Tactical knowledge and Preferred formation and Training that suit the system. (That would be 4-4-2 and Fitness or Attacking focus coaching)
- Make Your Signings in Preseason
- Pick your set piece takers
- Pick Your best eleven on the day the season starts
- Set Assistant Manager to do team training (And Individual if you like)
- Allow first teamers lacking match practise to play for Under 23’s/reserves. (This is important)
- Set a backroom staffer to offer contracts to youth players (important as you will be away on regen day unless you want to look before signing)
- Go on holiday for a month or two at a time and when you come back address happiness issues with your players.
- Swap around your first 11 if needs be.
ResultsDoing this I saw some baffling things such as.
Bournemouth Premier League Champions in season 1 (with no new signings, expected 15th)
Middlesbrough winning Europa League in 2020/21
FC United of Manchester winning promotion in first season (no Signings, expected 19th)
Paul Pogba scoring 21 penalties and 44 goals in total over the season.
So if you want to over perform or blast past a season in no time, just go on Holiday