REMEMBER it is not a plug and play tactic, there's no such thing with Football Manager 2016. So if you imagine that you are a lower league team and you will win 5-0 against FC Barcelona, then you kind of are in the wrong place.
But, you will always overachieve, no matter who you are, and where you are. If you know what to do, you will be able to pull a Leicester consistently.
This tactic is created by Mr Langvatn, not me. I just received his kind permission to post it here.
Some tactical pointers for the game
- DO NOT let your assistant manager control opposition instructions.
- Use "Defensive Positioning" match preparation in all of them (teamwork is good in a fresh save though).
- Arrange a lot of friendly matches against big opponents during pre-season. This will enable your team to learn the tactics before the competitive matches begin.
- Equip the tactic in all 3 "slots" to help your team familiarize with it faster.
- Be careful when signing too many new players at once, as it may vitally disrupt your team cohesion.
- If you have problems with team cohesion, swap "Defensive Positioning" match preparation with "Teamwork".
There will be no player filters. And I explain:
Filters often filter away many great players. They stop you from using your best players, and they filter away potential bargains with a lot of potential.
Lets say you have Messi and Rooney in your team. You have a complete forward role in your tactic, so the filter would tell you to pick Rooney over Messi.
In addition, these tactics are extremely versatile when it comes to changing player roles. This means that if you have a great player who doesn't fit any of the roles in the tactic, you can simply change the role to something that suits him best. In most cases, this will work out very well.