FM16 data is fine, and to a non-Russian football fan, everything might seem normal. But not to RFN.
The minor details such as the disputed translations of names and the best position of a player just make our experience of the game that little bit less realistic, as it differs to what we know! Then on the rare occasion, the most important aspect of all, the rating of the players, seemed to be a little off.
So what we at RFN have done, and would like to share with you all, is what we deem to be a realistic data update, to try and share what we think is a more authentic FM16 experience of Russia. Below is a summary of changes:
- Disputed translation of names changed (e.g. Yerokhin becomes Erokhin, and Gadjibekov becomes Gadzhibekov).
- Positional changes implemented where perhaps older data remained and the player has become more proficient elsewhere since.
- Adjustments to attributes. Some of these, stamina and speed for example, are based off real data from NTV broadcasts.
- CA/PA (current and potential ability) changes for a handful of players. Underrated and overrated players changed accordingly. (e.g. Erokhin, Stotskiy and Phibel).
Currently we have made over 550 changes to the data, largely to the RPL, but some FNL changes too. However we are always looking to improve and adjust, and if we notice anything else, we will update accordingly and regularly post a new file for you to download.
Once you’re up and away, if you notice anything you think needs to be changed, please leave a comment and we’ll look to include anything we agree with in the next update!
How to apply this Russian data update in FM16
- Move the downloaded .fmf file to:
\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\editor data\
Create folder "editor data" if it doesn't exist already.
- Run Football Manager 2016 and start new save with this database enabled.