Every year when the game is released, we at RFN always pick at the little mistakes which we think are wrong. So we fix these and release them to the public to enjoy what we think is a more realistic Russian football experience.
With almost 2000 pieces of information changed in the database, we hope that by including this file in your game, we can further add to the realism of Football Manager. The changes include:
- Disputed translation of names changed (e.g. Yerokhin becomes Erokhin, Anji becomes Anzhi, Djikia becomes Dzhikiya).
- Amended transfer preferences to prevent too many inter-rival transfers.
- CA/PA (current and potential ability) changes for a handful of players. Underrated and overrated players changed accordingly.
- Tactical preferences updated to the team’s most common formation in real life.
- Adjustments to players attributes.
- Unlocking the 3rd tier of Russian football – the PFL including all 5 regions.
- Updated all FNL squads with players who have been used this season.
- Updated some PFL squads to have accurate and bulked out squad lists.
- Updated recent transfers and managerial changes.
For novices to downloading a data update, you will need to add the file to the following folder. Then when you start a new game on FM2020, the file will be automatically included in your save.
My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020> editor data
Any further questions, please leave a comment here, or contact us on Twitter or Facebook!