Travel back in time to an era of football where some of the greatest players of all time roamed the world. This Football Manager 2021 throwback database brings back some epic teams, managers and players from around the world in the original leagues and teams from 2001/02. If you don't remember 2000's football, this is a great and fun opportunity to learn about an epic football era.
Released: 8 April 2021
The players attributes are copied manually from Championship Manager 2001/02. I've dedicated myself to this project for the last 6 months.
So jump into the FM Time-machine and travel back to 2001.
More leagues will be added and released in later updates.
Season 2001/02 Database - 6 Playable Nations
- England (Premier League & Championship)
- Italy (Serie A & Serie B )
- Scotland (Premiership)
- Spain (La Liga, Segunda)
- France (Ligue 1)
- Germany (Bundesliga)
- Approximately 10,000 of created players
Season 2001/02 Database - Download Options
Save-gameDownload 2001-02 Season Save-Game (fm)
The direct download link on this page will lead you to a save game file which makes it easier and faster to load.
Database-onlyDownload 2001-02 Season Database (fmf)
Facepack (optional)Download 2001-02 Season Facepack
How to play Season 2001/02 on FM21With Save-game
1. Move the downloaded file to your "games" folder:
Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/games
2. Open Football Manager 2021 > Load Game > Select the 2001-02 DB
3. Add your manager and select the club you want to manage.
With Database file
1. Move the downloaded file to your "editor data" folder:
Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/editor data
2. Open Football Manager 2021 > Start a new career > Select the "2001 02 DB MASTER" option from the top right drop down button with database version (21.1.1 Update)
3. Click on the "Advanced Setup" button to select the leagues of choice and database size settings.
1. Extract the contents of the ajwFM+1.0.zip file to the "faces" subfolder of the "graphics" folder.
Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/graphics/faces
Important: If you have other facepacks installed, you need to remove them to avoid conflicts.2. Open FM21 > Preferences > Interface, and hit the "clear cache" button - then return on the same screen and "reload skin".
Season 2001/02 - Teaser Trailer
Follow & Support@MadScientistFM
PayPal Donation Become a Patron