We want to focus on freeing up our wing-backs so it's important to overload one side of the pitch, to free up the opposite wing-back who can then drive into space or be isolated in a 1v1 against the oppositions defender. In this video, we'll analyse the FM22 tactic that looks to create OVERLOADS & EXPLOIT SPACE!
Strengths of the 3-4-3
- We can shift into 5-4-1 lengthy spells without the ball and/or in a mid-block.
- Having 4 wide players can protect against wide overloads, alternatively, the attacking wing-backs and wingers can be 2v1 against opposition full-backs.
- With wing-backs advancing, the shape can create overloads in the attacking third with the two wingers and CF.
- 5 at the back allows us to cover all zones when defending.
- And the shape naturally creates a number of passing angles/triangles.
- Get wingers to play very narrow, forming a box with CMs and operating in-between lines