Here's my edited version of the default dark skin. Lots of changes from the original which include:
- Dark green background picture
- Background logos used throughout the game
- Flat tactics pitch
- Improved attribute colours
- Centralised title area text
- Moved search bar to the menu bar so that left and right sided logos can be displayed
- Black footer
- Added date and time to the footer
- Larger kits on the match screen
- FM10 Manager home screen
You need patch 11.1 or greater in order for this skin to work.
Updated: 12 Nov 2010 - v2
Released: 6 Nov 2010 - v1
Download the skin and follow the steps below to get it into your game:
Extract the file (using either 7-Zip for Windows or The Unarchiver for Mac).
Copy the folders you extracted into your skins folder this is by default (you may need to create the skins folder if it doesn’t already exist):
Win Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins
Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins
Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins
Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/skins
If you cannot find your user data folder:
To select the skin in game you will need to:
- load the game, and go into the preferences -> Display and Sound menu
- untick ‘Use Skin Cache’ and tick ‘Always Reload Skin On Confirm’ then select confirm and
- select the skin from the drop down menu, select confirm again and your new skin should now display. (Once the skin is loaded you can turn the skin cache back on and untick the Always Reload button.)
Please note the above skin is provided as is, it is nothing to do with Sports Interactive or SEGA and won't be supported by them.
This skin was created by dave byrd from the official SI forums.
[original thread on SI forums]
Big credit to matt1697 for the icons, scrollbar, sliders etc borrowed from his wonderful neue2 skin for FM10, and to Mr. Zeebuzer for the meubar.xml file which enabled me to move the searchbar.
v1 - v2
*Centralised title area text
*Moved search bar to the menu bar so that left and right sided logos can be displayed