Continuing the themes set with Skymning for FM09 and Kaskara for FM10, I offer my skin for FM11, titled Tyrfing. As is always the case with my skins, the target audience is myself, but please feel free to try this yourselves. If you have any comments, or if you spot something out of place or broken, that I have not found in my testing, please let me know here.
- Background selector with modifiable filter for additional background support (see global panels.xml to turn the filter off, or graphics/filter to edit the level of the filter)
- Second continue button at bottom right
- Background logos left and right on both main screens and match screens
- Reorganised header to increase available space
- Increased kit sizes on match views
Tyrfing uses the FM11 dark skin as its parent, therefore the minimum version required to use this skin is Patch 11.1.
Released: 14 Nov 2010
Download the skin and follow the steps below to get it into your game:
Extract the file (using either 7-Zip for Windows or The Unarchiver for Mac).
Copy the folders you extracted into your skins folder this is by default (you may need to create the skins folder if it doesn’t already exist):
Win Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins
Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins
Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins
Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/skins
If you cannot find your user data folder:
To select the skin in game you will need to:
- load the game, and go into the preferences -> Display and Sound menu
- untick ‘Use Skin Cache’ and tick ‘Always Reload Skin On Confirm’ then select confirm and
- select the skin from the drop down menu, select confirm again and your new skin should now display. (Once the skin is loaded you can turn the skin cache back on and untick the Always Reload button.)
Please note the above skin is provided as is, it is nothing to do with Sports Interactive or SEGA and won't be supported by them.
This skin was created by murray from the official SI forums.