If you have installed the game via Steam, the patch is available for download now, from both Torrent and Direct Download options.
PC Torrent Download
PC Direct Download (WorthPlaying)
Mac Torrent Download
Mac Direct Download (WorthPlaying)
Steam (PC Only)
If you have purchased, installed, and activated via Steam, you will already have patch 1 of FM2010, and should be running version 10.1.0
Other download partner
If you have purchased, installed and activated via another digital download partner, you will should already have a patched version of FM2010, and should be running version 10.1.0 - DO NOT MANUALLY PATCH digital downloads like eSellerate or Steam - it will cause errors with your game.
- Fixed acceptance of international jobs not working.
- Stephen Carr no longer is retired when a new game is started.
- Fixed bug where homegrown players at a B team weren't being treated as homegrown for the A team.
- Adjusted filling of empty attributes for non-players.
- Fixed player listed as 'Unh' no longer will have no evidence that they are unhappy on their personal section.
- Improved selection of feeder clubs offered.
- Fixed a problem with the days in Britan for players who have played in England and Scotland (e.g. Mark Viduka).
- Fixed a data corruption in the contract offer screen that occasionally caused strange low wage requests.
- Adjusted retirement dates.
- Adjusted newgen starting attribute levels.
- Adjusted goalkeeper ability development.
- Adjusted quality of newgens produced in both active and inactive leagues.
- Fixed highest and lowest league position records not updating properly after team has moved between regional divisions.
- Fixed crash when going to squad screen after retiring
- Fixed bug where clicking on the scouting shortcut would take you to the squad page instead of scouting knowledge when the club has no scouts employed.
- Added tooltips to graphics rating stars on Preferences screen.
- Fixed bug where Match Preview screen was missing team and competition links.
- Latest scores, goals updates and live league table panels on the competition screen now update correctly.
- Added text to indicate that there are no available player interaction options instead of just displaying a blank screen.
- Added ok dialog to job centre panel to show manager that their advert has been placed successfully.
- Fixed 30-second unresponsiveness when going manager chat.
- Removed option to apply for a job from team action buttons if the user has already been offered the job.
- Fixed player's training panel not displaying any info if club did not have a physio.
- The classic player instructions panel now includes the Wide Play instruction.
- Made it impossible to just search with a key containing just spaces, as doing so would cause a very lengthy wait for the search to complete.
- Ensure news respond buttons are properly cleared down when manager resigns.
- Ensured coach reports aren't available for unattached players that have been scouted.
- Show 'Sus' indication on national pool if player has international ban.
- Fixed captain icon being duplicated on the tactics screen when substituting your
- Ensured coach reports aren't available when making an offer for a player that isn't attached to your club.
- Fixed potential crash if user clicked on search icon and then on status panel whilst setting up a new game.
- Player ratings is now the first tab under 'Stats' in a match for easier access
- Extra-time and penalty wins now indicated on team fixture panel
- Added frosty pitch to 2D Classic match view
- Removed erroneous advisor highlight when making a substitution
- Fixed player positions not being shown in Quick Substitution dialog in network games
- Added confirm/undo/cancel buttons to opposition instructions panel during a match
- Stopped staff contradicting themselves when suggesting removing offers for players even though they gave them a good scout report.
- Improved the second opinion advice.
- Stopped fitness coaches offering advice on tactics unless they also have a preference for a normal coaching role.
- Stopped second opinion always disagreeing with team attribute comparison pre-match advice.
- Using the Training button now links to the teams training section correctly.
- Advice no longer re-appears if you have dismissed the advice by going to the screen via the news item and then going by the menu link.
- Improved the recommended playerâ€™s advice AI.
- Stopped Assistant Manager disagreeing with possible opposition instructions and then suggesting them himself pre-match.
- Scouting recommendations for immediate signings only recommend players the team can currently afford.
- Backroom advice section now hidden for international matches because there was never anything to show.
- The scroll buttons on the tab strip now works correctly.
- Can now add national team achievements for people in the editor.
- Adding new clubs, competitions, etc to the database now applies the same changes to network clients as well.
- Fixed 'interested in job' news item not always knowing whether the job the person is interested in is currently filled or not.
- Fixed comp news item which mentions several teams they could face in next round when next round opponents are already known.
- Fixed over-the-top news strings for winning friendly competitions.
- Fixed Transfer Centre button displaying on transfer offer news when human not involved in transfer.
- Added 'Make Offer' button to transfer offer news so human can easily make counter-bid for players who have just come under offer from other clubs.
- Players no longer complain about been unable to speak to another club when a transfer offer is negotiated rather than rejected.
- Players no longer complain about been unable to speak to another club if the buying team keeps delaying the transfer.
- Fixed "Consortium pull plug" news item stating consortium pulled the plug when it was actually the club.
- Fixed player's bio blaming manager for club's season under-performance when manager has only just joined and is doing well.
- Fixed rare instance of player transfer speculation news being generated for news where the buying team doesn't have a manager.
- Fixed View Injury Table button in physio report news occasionally taking you to the wrong page for an international manager.
.- Can now appeal straight red card when a player was playing for a different squad to the squad he is currently in.
- Stopped media speculating about managers signing rubbish goalkeepers.
- Pitch dimensions news item only sent if there are more than one pitch size to choose from!
- Fixed occasional non player bio referring to club join date as 1. Jan. 1900.
- Adjusted non-player wages.
- Adjusted clubs going into administration.
- Adjusted player wage demands.
- Adjusted wage budgets for very small teams.
- Fixed players on very high wages requesting a lot less when renewing contract.
- Prevented board from stepping in and accepting bids just over the basic value of the player on behalf of a manager when player was transfer listed.
- Disabled transfer decision deadline option of 'Today' when current game time is later on in the day and not possible for clubs to respond in time.
- Loaned out players no longer kept in first team and demoted to reserves upon return to club.
- Removed duplicate news item when a youth playerâ€™s contract expires.
- Altered contract decision code to prevent low league key players from getting early pay rises.
- Fixed occasional first team player being put in reserves and listed for loan in first season.
- Stopped occasional B Club player from being given first team wages due to being a key player in the B Club
- Prevented big clubs from actively looking to replace their terrible third choice goalkeepers
- Spanish based players no longer demands really high relegation release clauses, due to already having really high mandatory minimum fee release clauses
- Fixed journalist asking about signing a compatriot for a new signing when other club team already contains a player of his nationality.
- Fixed follow-up question about balancing books appearing in the wrong context in new signing conference.
- Miscellaneous text and press conference question fixes.
- Fixed press conference questioning team's form due to poor morale when team morale is actually very high.
- Improved selection of the main talking point of press conferences.
- Give precedence to team-mates of the same nationality over shared language when looking for a team-mate who can help a new signing settle in.
- Fixed wrong stadium name being shown in some new signing conference questions.
- Stopped non-players who dislike a club from leading consortiums that are interested in taking them over.
- Now cannot join manager chat until you have completed adding a manager.
- Fixed blank stage in add manager wizard when "Assign Random Clubs" has been ticked.
- "Disconnect" action is now shown again on the game status screen for network clients.
- Fixed other managers watching a match being able to view the playing managers feedback widget.
- Fixed bug where user-named friendly competition gets its name changed to Friendly Cup after saving and reloading.
- Injury icon now no longer appears above a player in a match if the match is rewound to before the injury.
- Fixed pitch textures been inconsistence between 2D and 3D view.
- Fixed bug where playmaker and target man roles were not being setup correctly in the match.
- The first team now always uses the first kit when playing in the intra squad friendly.
- Crowds now celebrate shootout goals and all penalty misses
- Fixed "dead time" not being skipped when players retrieve ball for set pieces