? DONATE TO EUGENE
I have just donated, what happens now?
- After the donation you will receive an e-mail with the link to download Genie Scout 14g and a key.g14 file (the key file might arrive in a separate email).
- That email will also say that you should receive your key within 24 hours. Normally you will receive it faster than that.
- What to do with the key.g14 file I received in the email?
- Can I use the key file to another computer?
Current statusReleased final version 1.1 build 416 on 3 March 2014. First beta was made available on 16 October 2013.
Possible date for new version: March
Changes from beta 1 to version 1.1
- International Apps/Goals issue resolved
- Added support for Korean edition
- Sale Value calculation improved ('g' edition only)
- Minimum Fee Release Clause added
- Players on loan are displayed correctly now
- PPMs are now showing correctly
- Error in player top lists in 'Division' view is fixed
- Genie's report is available again
- Players preferred moves added
- Club min/max/average attendance added
- Club kit colors added
- Issue with Game Date definition is fixed
- Incorrect player data issue resolved
- Improper contract data issue for some staff types resolved
- Players injury status added
- Players national team added
- Players second nationality added
- Club data added: club status, training/youth facilities etc
- Club finances information added: balance, trandfer budgets, wage budget
- Club stadium capacity added
- Club relations added
- Club Reputation added
CompatibilityCurrent build 416 is compatible with FM 14.3.0 (current).
It should work on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
It's not compatible with Mac or Linux at all.
Known Issues and WorkaroundsWith current build it's not possible to read correctly:
- Sale value for players
- trying to load a game without having FM14 open with save loaded
- trying to load a game that is new and not saved yet in FM14
- Run FMGenieScout.exe as administrator.
- Make sure to have FM14 open and a game loaded there.
- Make sure to have your game saved before trying to load it in GS14g.
- Close FM and re-open it, then try load game again.
Eugene will always aim to fix more issues with new builds.
Differences between the public edition and the 'g' edition
The 'g' edition has no advertisements and a few extra features.
- A statistically based model that will show the probability of reaching theoretical maximum of players ability
- Progress Rate - shows the predicted speed of player's development, depending on his ambition, determination, professionalism etc
- Support for facepacks - if you have custom facepack added to your FM, it should show on player profiles on GS
- Top players lists, as you can see on the screenshot here:
Where to find my Genie Scout Unique ID?
You can find your Unique ID in GS11, GS12, GS13 or GS14.
- Once you open GS, click the big circular icon to the top left corner that should open the main menu.
- Go to 'Help' and then find & click 'Donate' to the right column that slides next to it.
- A popup window will come up, you need to copy the Unique ID.
I donated but I haven't received my 'g' edition yet! Why???
The process is almost fully automated.
There is a chance of delay for the delivery of your download link and key file, but shouldn't take more than 24 hours.
Please remember Eugene is handling all donations and their processing on his own. He is a married man with a little daughter and a newborn son, so keep that in mind if you panic or feel frustrated for a possible delay.
What to do with the key.g14 file I received in the email?
In order to make GS work properly, you have to place this file into FM Genie Scout 14g directory (by default 'C:\FM Genie Scout 14g').
The key-file is linked to your PC configuration via Unique ID you provided to Eugene when donating. If your Unique ID changes (due to PC configuration change, or re-installing of OS), all data in the "g" edition of your FM Genie Scout will be distorted. In that case you need to send Eugene your new Unique ID, and he'll provide you with a new key-file.
At any case, do not try to open this file. All you need to do is place it in the correct folder.
Can I use the key file to another computer?
No, Unique ID is actually unique per computer. So you'd have to ask Eugene to provide you with more keys, given that you send him all your Unique IDs.
I donated for GS13g. Do I have to donate for GS14g again?
Yes. Donations go directly to Eugene (GS author) and he needs your support every year to keep producing Genie Scout. If you don't want to donate, you can wait for the public version.
Do not use this topic to report bugs!